General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Re: Offline Mode
Posted by: Lawrence Stucke
Date: March 29, 2019 09:39PM

The older verfsions of K-Meleon used to have an off line mode.
Ineed it for playing a game in which multiple pages have to be sent in the same second.
This is done by preparing the pages, going off line
sending the pages
Going back online and reloading all the pages and sending them off by holding the enter key or rapid clicking with the mouse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Offline Mode
Posted by: siria
Date: March 29, 2019 10:04PM

Lawrence Stucke
The older versions of K-Meleon used to have an off line mode.
I need it for playing a game in which multiple pages have to be sent in the same second.

Ah I remember.... yeah that's related to the same prob as mentioned here, among other GUI probs:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,148877,148880#msg-148880
When the menu bar was hidden by default a few years ago, a bunch of menu entries has vanished, which are not contained in the compact menu.
The worst IMO was "Open... " and "Work Offline", but I think one of the two has been restored again in one of the younger KM versions. Your probably using an older version? 75.1?

You can still press "ALT F" (open File menu) to find the complete menu again.
If your browser is set to another language it needs another key, e.g. "ALT D" for german (Datei öffnen), etc.

Some tips here about hidden menubar:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,148831
Or update browser, or add toolbar button, or add keyboard shortcut...

PS: your description sounds like it might be easier to avoid offline+reloading+confirming, instead just hop quickly from tab to tab and hit 'send' directly? Using "CTRL T", or a mousegesture (F2 > KM Plugins > mousegestures / Enable and set "right" action to "Next Tab", unneeded ones to no action)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2019 10:25PM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.