General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Cache Comparison related Error
Posted by: bongski55
Date: February 11, 2002 03:10AM

As instructed on an earlier post re:Offline Browsing, I have set the Cache comparison on the Preferences menu to "never" . This worked okay until I tried to open a URL from windows start/run. I get an error saying that the file "c:\kmeleon\www.soandso.com" cannot be found. It seems that kmeleon checks the cache first before connecting to the web. I am connected to the net via LAN(proxy server). No such problem when URL is entered thru the kmeleon address bar.
though.Any suggestions/fix?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cache Comparison related Error
Posted by: po
Date: February 11, 2002 04:44AM

are you putting only the URL into the run box? that seems to work fine when k-meleon is the default browser, whatever the cache is set to... it looks like the syntax being used in your case is causing windoze to think it's looking for a local file (which isn't quite the same as opening a cached document, even though it technically IS a local file)...

Re: Cache Comparison related Error
Posted by: bongski55
Date: February 11, 2002 03:10PM

Yes it is a complete URL with the http://. I did it now and still get the error message. I forgot to mention that km opens after the error message is displayed ( clicking ok) and after logging on to my proxy server km displays the website.(Sorry I forgot to mention this!). It is the error message that I want to get rid of.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.