General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Kmeleon 1.0Beta7
Posted by: Jeff
Date: May 02, 2006 11:42AM

Can anyone tell me where the page icon for layer buttons is stored? I want to replace it with something else - it looks horrible on my PC. There is a pixilated blue border all the way around it and it looks like it is being displayed in 16 colors or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CaptnBlack
Date: May 02, 2006 12:05PM

"but perhaps there might be a way to do it also with a hotkey."

Just add this to accel.cfg:

VK_F10 = macros(JSToggle)

Autocomplete button
Posted by: Ciantic
Date: May 02, 2006 01:32PM

Tricky question, how can i set the autocomplete button as "tab" and not the down arrow, which is slow to use? There didn't seem to be anykind of ID_ for that?

Offtopic: any IRC channel for k-meleon?

(hopes this is not double post)

Posted by: Jack Thorpe
Date: May 02, 2006 06:42PM

Thanks CaptnBlack, works great!

But I was thinking F-10 should also be part of the standard keyboard defines.

The accessibility features of Windows allow handicapped users to navigate using the keypad as a mouse. Using alt- P then moving to the Block Javascript selection or using the Privacy bar takes a lot more keystokes than just pressing F-10 for such a useful and often used feature. Not all of my K-Meleon using friends are blessed with full mobility.

-- Jack

Posted by: Dorian
Date: May 02, 2006 09:10PM

The crash should disappear in the next release

@1Jerry
in the SM1.0 series I cannot access the menu items with the ALT keys if I turned rebar menus off.

Reproduced with mfcembed. Seems like it's a mozilla bug.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 02, 2006 09:26PM

Dorian,

D>> The crash should disappear in the next release

Good to hear you got a fix!

<g>

N

Posted by: bellgamin
Date: May 03, 2006 07:08AM

I am closely monitoring K-mel 1.0 beta's, on behalf of my extended family & friends. Thanks to Dorian & all who are keeping my beloved gecko on the bleeding edge of browserland.

Posted by: vpowell
Date: May 04, 2006 02:34AM

Jeff, the page icon for layer buttons is called default.ico, and it is stored inside the folder of your current skin.
To change it:
1) Go to "skins" folder and find current skin (maybe C:\K-MeleonSM\skins\Phoenity\)
2) Rename "default.ico" (maybe call it "old-default.ico")
3) Find any replacement icon file (with the extension ".ico") that you like, copy it into the folder, and name it "default.ico"
4) Make sure K-Meleon is not running (maybe bring up the Task-manager and look for the process "k-meleon.exe")
5) Go to your profile-folder (maybe C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\K-Meleon\default\gibbrish.slt\)
6) Delete "IconCache.dat" (this is important).
7) Restart K-Meleon

<<< BUT Dorian has a new build, see "Re: K-Meleon 1.0RC0" in this forum >>>

Posted by: Jeff
Date: May 06, 2006 08:48PM

Thank you vpowell. I had noticed in beta 6 that it was using my main.ico but I thought this had changed in beta 7, because it no longer does read that icon for me. I will try the RC later this evening and see if it is fixed there.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 16, 2006 01:32AM

I think that KMSM 1.0b7 is still viable as it is based on Gecko 1.8.1 code, whereas KM 10.RC0 is based on Gecko 1.8.2 code and is still much more a work in progress.

N

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.