General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ideas for Macros
Posted by: po
Date: November 09, 2002 11:57AM

> Which we have to manually create....right? And place in the same folder as prefs.js

Yep. You should set things in there that might get changed during runtime in your prefs.js file, but that you always want reset to a certain value at startup... maybe a base font size, prefs that get toggled, etc...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 09, 2002 05:48PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a zoom image function through macros or is a separate plugin needed? That's the only thing I can do in IE6 and Mozilla(via Optimoz) that I miss in K-meleon.

Posted by: Rayven
Date: November 09, 2002 09:05PM

@mike

I am using v0.7 build 700

It works for me with javascript enabled, but jsnj is right, the other one is better, since the url doesn't have to be written out all the way.

Date: November 09, 2002 09:17PM

> Does anyone know if it's possible to create a zoom image function through macros or is a separate plugin needed?

It's possible to write a macro that sends the image url to a batch file that downloads it with wget, then opens it in another viewer, such as irfanview... but that may not be quite what you want...

Date: November 09, 2002 10:07PM

>>> It's possible to write a macro that sends the image url to a batch file that downloads it with wget, then opens it in another viewer, such as irfanview... but that may not be quite what you want...<<<

Well I was hoping for a more direct approach viewing the image enlarged through the actual browser like what IE & Mozilla can do. What I do now is: rightclick the image, save it, open it w/irfanview and double-click the image for a fullscreen view through irfanview. But that's like a five to six step process instead of a 2 step process. the macro you proposed seems like it would make the process a little quicker, but I don't know how to make it.

Posted by: Nick
Date: November 09, 2002 10:39PM

The 'search with google' one in the zip file is too snazzy for me (also opens a window with no toolbar?).

Here's my version... you know what to do:

#search google.com for currently selected text
search_google{
menu="Search with &Google";
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
opennew("http://www.google.com/search?q=".getclipboard());
}

Nick

Date: November 10, 2002 12:32AM

> But that's like a five to six step process instead of a 2 step process. the macro you proposed seems like it would make the process a little quicker, but I don't know how to make it.

Yep, if you're doing all those steps anyway, then automating it would certainly be an improvement. smiling smiley

First, you would would make something like a viewpic.bat file which contained two commands, the first running wget or some similar download utility using "%1" as the URL and %temp%\viewpic.tmp as the name to save the file as, and then a command to run irfanview with %temp%\viewpic.tmp as the file argument... then you set up a macro that copies the image URL and sends it to the viewpic.bat file with

exec("viewpic.bat " . getclipboard());

this is abstract and vague, and assumes a general understanding of batch files (which is a good thing to have, anyway... they can be very convenient) but i don't want to try to present anything more specific without actually playing with it some myself... i had something similar once, but don't now. I think i'll add it back in, though, now that the text manipulation functions in the macro scripting make it possible to make it a far more useful thing... not right now, though. smiling smiley

Date: November 14, 2002 10:35PM

Here is a macro to change the layers buttons styles. Not particularlly useful, but I thought this thread should be revived.

#changes the layers buttons styles
layer_button_style {
menu = "&Change Layers Button's Style";
togglepref(INT, "kmeleon.plugins.layers.style", 1, 2, 4, 8);
id(ID_NAV_RELOAD);
}

Date: November 15, 2002 06:15AM

>>>togglepref(INT, "kmeleon.plugins.layers.style", 1, 2, 4, 8);<<<

6 is also a style and happens to be my favorite. It's a combo of 2 and 4. I don't know why it's not listed on Ulf's site. I think it was just a typo.

Posted by: rmn
Date: November 15, 2002 06:34AM

jsnj,

I think that's because 6 = 2 + 4. I haven't tried, but, seeing this, I guess you can combine the styles by adding the numbers.

Date: November 15, 2002 06:59AM

I think rmn is correct, I tried 10 for the style, and it made the layers buttons have the faked *bold* look and the pressed look.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.