General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Sidebar
Posted by: JRaines
Date: November 06, 2002 06:33PM

I have recently been test driving K-meleon & Pheonix. K-meleon is obviously faster, & seems to work on almost web pages I normally visit/use. However, there are some features I miss. Most notably is some kind of sidebar that would dispaly bookmarks &/or favorites. I've scoured the online documentation I can find but see no reference to a sidebar. Since much of K-meleon can be configured by hand (ie - text files), is there a way I can cause a sidebar to appear in K-meleon.
On a simialr topic, is there a way to configure "layers". For instance, I would like opening a bookmark or entering a URL to open a new layer. Any way to configure this?
Nice browsing experience so fat, other than these items.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sidebar
Posted by: jeroen roeterd
Date: November 06, 2002 08:05PM

Hallo,

I asked this before but without a answer. I think it is not possible.

Greetings,
Jeroen

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 06, 2002 09:42PM

It's probably possible but someone has to code it.

Posted by: po
Date: November 07, 2002 02:15AM

> For instance, I would like opening a bookmark or entering a URL to open a new layer. Any way to configure this?

You could write a macro that would prompt you for a URL, and then open it in a new window... something like:

urlPrompt {
$url_to_open = prompt("type a URL:", "Open in New Window");
$url_to_open ? opennew($url_to_open) : "";
}

and bind it to Alt+D or whatever you want in accels.cfg, if that suits you.

Re:
Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 07, 2002 07:33AM

Or if you'd rather use the mouse instead of the keyboard you can place a "New Layer" button on your toolbar, so you can quickly open a new blank layer page and then go to your bookmark. As far as I know and it has been asked by a few people on these boards, there's no way yet to bind mouse buttons to layer actions i.e. middle-click and opening a bookmark or link in a new layer.

In macros:

NewLayer {
menu = Open New Layer
plugin(layers, Open);
}

In Toolbars under Tool Bar { :

New Layer {
macros(NewLayer)
Open New Layer
newlayerhot.bmp
newlayercold.bmp
newlayerdead.bmp
}

>>entering a URL to open a new layer. Any way to configure this?<<

I use my Go Button to accomplish this so that anything I type in the URL Bar opens in a new layer if I press the Go Button. If I don't want a new layer created I hit "enter" instead. Of course it's pretty much just as easy to use the New Layer button referenced above and then type your info in the url bar.

In macros:

go_button {
$oldclip = getclipboard();
id(ID_SELECT_URL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$theurl = getclipboard();
setclipboard($oldclip);
pluginmsg("layers", "OpenURL", $theurl);

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.