General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: why?
Posted by: Stefan killer
Date: November 21, 2002 02:34AM

CAUSE PHOENIX BLOWS tmozb and Stefan u a$$h0les,, get your a$$ out of here n go lick phoenix up and down, it froze my comp at 100% cpu use $hit code!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Quake
Date: November 21, 2002 04:06AM

You see Stefan, your try to convert us to Pheonix didn't work and it did more damage, now we have Pheonix tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Quake
Date: November 21, 2002 04:23AM

try=tried*
have=hate*

sorry for the typos winking smiley

Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 21, 2002 06:04AM

Just my two cents worth, but it is definitely a plus for the developers and the community to have XUL and Windows API Gecko. A richer environment that will cross poliinate, imo.

N

Posted by: SJ Zero
Date: November 22, 2002 03:53PM

>Some of the things I pointed out as incorrect was NEVER true about Phoenix. They where just made up out of the blue (hopefully out of ignorance).

>As I've said a few times now, K-Mel is good enough to stand on it's own merits without people adding things on the K-Mel pro list that exists in other browsers too.

Certainly there is room for discussion about this, but perhaps it would be more appropriate to start another topic, rather than posting it directly in this thread. Instead of coming off as the voice of reason, you end up fanning the flames in a very emotionally charged discussion.

> but certainly in a thread where users are forced to justify KMs existance like this, you sticking your two cents in doesn't help things for either side.

>In my first post I emphasised that 3 of the 5 mentioned things by Andrew was indeed advantages for K-Mel, and one was "it depends".
I've also pointed at other benefist that K-Mel has vs especially Phoenix

True, but I'm still questioning the wisdom of even going that far in this paticular thread. In a thread that starts off with "why use K-melon<sic> when we have phoenix?", anything remotely pro-phoenix or anti-KM will be taken very badly. Making a topic specifically meant to handle sorting out fact from fiction would likely be recieved far better than replying here, and would likely help you get your point across to people in a far more effective manner.

> can't help nor be blamed for that people choose to read just selected parts of my messages.

Like I said. Emotions are burning like fire in this thread. People will read what they'd like to believe -- that's just a trait of human nature, and you can't fault anyone for that. Instead of being merely informative, you fan the flames -- though perhaps unintentionally. If this is the case, by all means, start up such a thread, and you'll likely be suprised by the civility of the KM community in discussing the relative merits of other web browers. Since a thread like this one will invariably attract the "religious fanatics", it's probably not the best place to be discussing it.

Posted by: Stefan
Date: November 23, 2002 03:06PM

> Making a topic specifically meant to handle sorting out fact from fiction would likely be recieved far better than replying here, and would likely help you get your point across to people in a far more effective manner.

Probably a good idea. Will try and keep it in mind next time it comes up smiling smiley

Posted by: Alan
Date: January 06, 2003 10:09PM

"Probably a good idea. Will try and keep it in mind next time it comes up smiling smiley"

Yes... Keep it in mind. Keep it in mind that the next time I see you squeeking your bologna that I'll spank your sorry soul back to the thirld world tribal nation your CSS drueling ass evolves from.

-Alan

http://home.earthlink.net/~mozblubber/

smiling smiley

Date: January 09, 2003 04:02PM

> Yes... Keep it in mind. Keep it in mind that the next time I see you squeeking your bologna that I'll spank your sorry soul back to the thirld world tribal nation your CSS drueling ass evolves from.

Is this moron for real?
Diging up a 1½ month old thread just to make a few personal insults... and people say I'm a troll grinning smiley

Posted by: RottweilerKing
Date: January 09, 2003 05:28PM

Phoenix has a long way to go before you can even make a comparison. I know that K-Meleon itself is still in a beta-like phase but it's the BEST around.

Date: January 10, 2003 08:01AM

Lol, we'll never see this thread die!!! smiling smiley Just watch it get another 100 posts before sinking into obscurity again.

At this point, I think the important thing is to realize that whatever browser you use, odds are that Internet Explorer is just as unusable for you as it is for me (though I must admit that I miss the "open in background layer" option when I use mozilla, it's still infinitely better than the IE interface, which has remained the same since...like 1996, not counting Windows XP "it's different, really!" skin changes)

(and thus, SJ Zero fades once again into obscurity. Ironic, considering he disappeared off the forums here shortly after this thread waned! smiling smiley )

Date: January 10, 2003 06:16PM

> though I must admit that I miss the "open in background layer" option when I use mozilla

Preferences > Navigator > Tabbed browser > [ ] Load links in background

If you just momentarilly want to switch between foreground and background loading of a new tab you can use
shift + ctrl + click
instead of the normal
ctrl + click

If you want it as a context menu item you can just install any of the XUL extensions that got this, eg TBE

http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en

Date: January 10, 2003 07:17PM

Well I'll be damned.(though at this point, I've already learned macros and turned K-Meleon into the penultimate web browser for my own use(because I'm sure there is a feature around the corner ready to revolutionize web browsing smiling smiley )

I'll have to download those for my machines which cannot use KM. smiling smiley Thanks.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.