Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Music India Online
Posted by: sujai
Date: March 04, 2007 01:08AM

How can I make k-meleon work on sites like
www.raaga.com and
www.musicindiaonline.com
I want to be able to listen to the music...
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Music India Online
Posted by: jhansi ki rani laxmibai
Date: March 06, 2007 06:56AM

Dear sirs,

Regrds

Date: March 06, 2007 12:17PM

Jhansi ki rani,
Did you have a suggestion as to how I can play music on this site? I have the real player plugin working on other sites like BBC.
Tx

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 06, 2007 01:45PM

Look with an text editor into the stream info (if You manage to get a file e. g. by trying to download - the streams info should give out url and encoding ) and that can check what codec/mimetype support is required - I tried to check with one of the stations - it supports Your player but I have no players installed - and the script on the page keeps telling me: no supported player and does not give stream info:-( If You manage to catch and look into the stream info then You can selectively install the right codec.

If this is not possible, install a free codec collection in the hope that the right codec is present. Free codecs e. g. at www.free-codecs.com/ . Besides mp3 ogg is also very common ( but ther are some more ).

If this does not solve the configuration problem?
I do not listen to music streams any more - but when I did I installed a Netscape 4.78 or 7.2 so that they installed well configured plugins, Java, Flash ...

Then I copied the plugins folder to the setup directory of the browser that I used. All Browsers share the same Netscape plugins modell ( except IE 5.5SP2 and later. That is when IEs changed to activeX from Netscape plugins modell ). Try these old browsers I used or try with a Netscape 8.x. Some providers bundle new browser versions with players. Mozilla.org and K-Meleon can not do such bundles. So maybe check the CD with software that Your provider gave You.

In this forum You will also find posts about activeX - and Media player support.
So if above suggestions all do not help - You can still try that.

Thank You for reading my post & hope it is usefull.

p. s. I had to correct the url for the codec page - So here we are I later used foorbar 2000 player that was small and included the codecs I needed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2007 12:39PM by guenter.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: March 06, 2007 01:58PM

For the Codec pack, there are little codec packs which include the Real Player codec. Anyway, I recommend this:

http://m5studio.internetdsl.pl/codec.html

This is a very good generic and updated Codec pack, but I don't think it includes the Real Player codec.

Date: March 24, 2007 10:24PM

Guenter,
Thanks for detailed reply. I am afraid I don't know how to open the stream using a text editor.
I have firefox on my PC as well and these 2 sites (musicindiaonline.com and raaga.com) work very well with firefox. This =>s I have all the codecs, right? FWIW, I copied all the plugins from C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins to C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\plugins one of which is nppl3260.dll which is real player plugin.

Like I said, I can watch videos on the news.bbc.co.uk website which is thru a RealPlayer.

So I am a bit confused.

Tx

Date: March 26, 2007 04:23AM

You can view stream information in an editor as soon as it is offered for download. Then it gives You e. g. an URL and the mimetype info (which tells You location and codec).

Yes as You assumed. That they work in Firefox means that You have the right codex!

I do not use real player but have activated on board sound chip to play, now.
My Media/Trident player shows that the site/player is operational when I use a K-meleon that has installed activeX support. The problem is that I did not get any bandwidth (but that is my browider incapablilty - DSL double speed and no bandwidth :-( so I did not have music playing :-(

So my info is not usefull.

You can check whether player is working/configured to play:
http://home.htp-tel.de/sterntaler/test.html#plugins
That test has small files. And the code is ok.

If Your player works there - You can try with the mimeTypes.rdf of Your Firefox - because that is where both browsers store part of the handling information.

If no player plays on the test page You try to configure Your player.

If this info does not lead to a solution I am very confused also.

Posted by: simna
Date: August 04, 2007 02:37PM

hai,
I canot open this site, why? but yesteday listen the music from musicindiaonline. now some error occured pls solve the problem

Posted by: sandeep
Date: September 10, 2007 01:38PM

Hi songs hindi

Posted by: imteyaz
Date: October 04, 2007 09:03AM

jhansi ki rani laxmibai
Dear sirs,

Regrds

Posted by: PVTele
Date: October 04, 2007 10:09AM

It's very odd, Sujai. I get the same thing - works in FF (Real Player only) and Avant Browser (both Real Player and Windows Media Player) but not in KM.

It's a popup player, Music India Trident Player. Asks you whether to use Real Player or Windows Media Player. In KM. WMP freezes, does nothing; RP returns an error, "Can't find method." <Scratches head.>

I can't extract a stream URL out of it, nor download a playlist. Rather oddly configured thing, it seems to me, but then maybe I'm just not up to speed in this kind of embedded player code.

Anyone any ideas?

Date: October 04, 2007 05:02PM

AFAIK alain has an improved K-Meleon's support plugin for WMP/ActiveX at the K-Meleon's extension page.

p.s. I always used my own K-Meleon adapation of the Firefox ActiveX support plugins and WMP always worked for me with all K-Meleons since version 0.82+. After I found how to whitelist I use WMP as default.

Posted by: javedkhan
Date: June 06, 2008 07:34AM

respected sir,
I have three years experince music and I have six month computer oprator.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 06, 2008 10:58PM

javedkhan
respected sir,
I have three years experince music and I have six month computer oprator.
And...?

Posted by: prabhakant pandey
Date: June 20, 2008 10:19AM

musicindia on line .com Running but not start music so pls guide me

Posted by: prabhakant pandey
Date: June 20, 2008 10:22AM

on line music not working so pls guide me

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 20, 2008 10:48AM

Listen to what desga2 says, install ActiveX for WMP, and you will probably be able to hear your online music.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: Biswajit Rout
Date: August 01, 2008 09:15AM

How i am able to listen the Songs

Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 01, 2008 01:26PM

after a lot of fiddling i was able to figure out this issue, first i tested both sites with firefox(which i know all plugins are installed and configured properly) and the streaming worked fine.. so i took k-meleon to the bbc site to test if plugins/activex are working, though hard now since most media content in the bbc rely on flv/flash but luckily bbc4 streaming radio still gives the option of either real or wmp, anyway it worked there but still noluck with those music sites, i searched and found a modified nppl3260.dll that fixes problems with sites missing the type attributes.. downloaded the file and replaced it in the kmeleon plugins folder..still no go.

i figured it must be a missing component that makes firefox work and k-m doesn't, i looked in km's components folder and indeed the nppl3260.xpt file wasn't there..copied that again from firefox but still the sites wouldn't load the players.. finally i decided to copy all those ''suspected'' files from the firefox components folder to kmeleon's components folders:
np32asw.dll
nsJSRealPlayerPlugin.xpt
nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt (quicktime-but what the heck)
nsIMozAxPlugin.xpt
nsBrowserContentHandler
nsvmoz.xpt
nsXmlRpcClient
and finally it worked..

the reason i'm saying all that is because i don't know exactly how it got fixed and what missing component was to blame

as for selecting wmp player on musicindiaonline, that didn't work at first but after installing the activex it displayed a straightforward message: "browser not recognised".. changed the agent to internet explorer with this string:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) Microsoft Internet Explorer
and it worked fine.

you can download the modified nppl3260 from there:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Real_Player

as for the other components, you can either locate them from your firefox's components folder or download them there:

Posted by: Narasimhan
Date: August 07, 2008 11:39AM

Dear Sirs,
I use Firefox on Linux-Ubuntu-8-04 and when I open a song listed in your site the player opens with the message " Player ok... loading please wait " but nothing comes up .Some times I get a message " methods missing". When I open the error console of Firefox I get the following message :

Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-track-color'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/z/default/m/default.css
Line: 9

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebNavigation.sessionHistory]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml :: :: line 644" data: no]
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml
Line: 650
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebNavigation.sessionHistory]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml :: :: line 644" data: no]
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml
Line: 650
Warning: Use of captureEvents() is deprecated. To upgrade your code, use the DOM 2 addEventListener() method. For more help http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.addEventListener
Source File: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/K4f0sKwezS.As1NMvHdW/i
Line: 0

Warning: Use of captureEvents() is deprecated. To upgrade your code, use the DOM 2 addEventListener() method. For more help http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:element.addEventListener
Source File: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/K4f0sKwezS.As1NMvHdW/i
Line: 0
Error: this.player.controls is undefined
Source File: http://www.musicindiaonline.com//z/default/m/j/p/player_wm.js
Line: 97

Error: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

Please help me in resolving this problem.
Thanks & Regards
P Narasimhan

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: August 07, 2008 12:08PM

hi narasimhan, this forum is for the k-meleon browser support; i think you'd have better help if you address that issue on the mozilla firefox forum.

here's the link for firefox support forum:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

you might also want to browse the ubuntu support link for properly installing the realplayer plugin:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RealPlayerInstallationMethods?action=show&redirect=RealplayerInstallationMethods

best of luck and i hope you solve your problem soon.

Posted by: Gurvinder
Date: September 04, 2008 05:42AM

Can anyone help me please? I am a regular user of this site. Suddenly for the last couple of weeks I can log into the site(the user panel says Hi! Gurvinder) but no more. I cannot access My Albums etc because it says I am not logged in and however so many times I try to log in I am seen as logged but cannot do anything more. I have sent many messages to the site for help but no response so far. I want to get at my Albums created painstakingly on the site. But how?

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 09, 2008 11:23AM

Happend this problem to you with all browsers?
Try with other browser or change User Agent string.
Please enable your browser to accept cookie.
Are you sure that you have correctly installed a Media Player, to stream music to your computer (Real Player or Windows Media Player)?

It's possible that you also need Flash plugin, check if this is correctly installed.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: monika
Date: September 10, 2008 08:29AM

I am getting the same error for over a month now. Even though I am logged in, it says "not logged in" and I cannot get to my web CDs. I have sent many emails but heard no response yet. Can anyone please help. Thanks!!

Posted by: saju
Date: October 06, 2008 01:49PM

Hi

Your issue has been resolved or not. Even i am also facing the same issue. The moment i am clicking "View albums" it is going to the error message - as Not logged in. Can you help me ?

regards

saju

Posted by: KP
Date: October 08, 2008 03:41PM

Hi,
I am getting the same error for the past 1 month.Anyone please help.

Posted by: sam
Date: November 28, 2008 03:15PM

same error for me also.

Not logged in..

Music India Online
Posted by: situ
Date: December 29, 2008 06:28AM

HI

how can i access musicindiaonline.com through my pc which is firewall protected?

Posted by: Deepak
Date: February 02, 2009 12:23PM

Even i'am getting the same problem since Nov'08 and the issue is still unresolved

Posted by: Arun
Date: August 03, 2009 06:07AM

Sir,
when I open your site by Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and click on selected song I lastly get the message- "Error- methods missing". and so can not play the song.
Please help me to solve this problem.

Arun Khadilkar

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.