General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Also , whats the deal with not being able to delete indivisual History Entries ?
Posted by: XDS
Date: August 13, 2007 06:54AM

-NT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Also , whats the deal with not being able to delete indivisual History Entries ?
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 13, 2007 01:05PM

Other things such as easier translation of menus were more needed than than this.

Re: Also , whats the deal with not being able to delete indivisual History Entries ?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 18, 2007 02:58PM

Are you speaking of the global history (history plugin) or the URL bar history?

Posted by: XDS
Date: August 18, 2007 05:34PM

guenter
Other things such as easier translation of menus were more needed than than this.

WTF ? Like what ? How the hell am I supposed to delete indivisual entries threw the history file itself if I have entries in there way back from 96 , I'll be there for years.

Naa that needs to be changed.

Date: August 18, 2007 06:55PM

What version of KM are you running? I had a idea but I seem to have run into a problem. See this thread http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,73748,73875#msg-73875

Date: August 19, 2007 05:32AM

XDS
WTF? Like what ?

So that You have an English browser.

A browser without translatable menus would have been French or whatever - there are no English K-Meleon developers.

Like: in English.

XDS
How ... am I supposed to delete indivisual entries threw the history file

You can use any editor if You want to edit the history file and You can use an editor to delete individual entries through the history file.

You can delete the whole history via View > History > Delete History.
AFAIK History can be also cleared via Privacy Plugin.

And If You are only accustomed to use and have Firefox managers feel free and try to implement them for us.

BTW. Broken things can be grayed out also - K-Meleon can have bugs like any other software. The advanced history settings menue which seems to have lost contact to its plugin (and is probably grayed for that reason) does not help You with Your history editing problem.

Configuration values can normally also be accessed via about:config. The default values for keeping history that are visible via about:config and in the grayed entries in Advanced Settings. History is kept for 9 days. You could probably toggle this value to zero days in/via about:config. That way You get rid of older history also - if there was no other way.

And I am sorry I have no idea about what ancient history entries You are talking.

p. s. stop swearing while addressing me.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: August 20, 2007 04:26AM

Atta boy, guenter

We all have text editors winking smiley

Date: August 20, 2007 11:45AM

@ LHH, smiling smiley
Sorry, I speak German and do not understand US idioms.
What means "Atta boy" except that it sounds like a nice drink?
{ hopefully with lots of Whiskey, Gin or beer smiling smiley }
regards

p.s. XDS posted that he used K-Meleon some while ago; If one of the new toys does not work do it the old way. What is so hard about that?

Date: August 21, 2007 11:51PM

@ guenter

I looked at my history.dat file but I do not understand the structure of the file. Is an entry started with "=http://" and includes all lines before the next "=http://" ?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.