General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Is there a FULL Current Version to Dnload & Install?
Posted by: justme
Date: September 02, 2007 09:05PM

Hi,
Is there a full, complete, current, updated version of K-Meleon we can download and install (do it all in one swoop), to avoid *multiple* downloads & updates, to upgrade from the older version we now use?

We're currently using 1.02 and want to get the latest KM installed, to try to clear up the unexpected closing of KM browser while we're trying to surf online. (See thread about K-Meleon Behaving Strangely, Closing Unexpectedly for details).

We would really appreciate it if developers could make available the full current updated version, to make downloading/installing easier, especially if one uses multiple machines.

Also, will we be able to install the NEW KM right over v. 1.02, or do we need to UNINSTALL that one first?

Thanks for advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there a FULL Current Version to Dnload & Install?
Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: September 03, 2007 06:58PM

Uh, the latest FULL version of K-meleon is 1.1, not 1.02, justme.

If you install version 1.1, you will have to install the 1.12 update on top of KM 1.1.

If I were you, I'd uninstall KM 1.02 completely, then delete the \Application Data\K-meleon\ folder. Then install a clean set of KM 1.1 and then install the KM 1.12 update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2007 07:00PM by noel-pg2.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 03, 2007 07:43PM

It's not necessary to uninstall. This setup version must make the job without problem.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: justmeagain
Date: September 03, 2007 08:10PM

Well, first of all, my original posting should be pretty clear that I was asking about installing a later version than v. 1.02, not that I was implying that 1.02 was the latest version.

Second, we went ahead and downloaded the v. 1.1, and upgrade 1.12 and installed them after uninstalling v. 1.02, and as noted in another thread, NOTHING IMPROVED AT ALL.

We are stymied as to why we're having so many problems, even after all the above gyrations to upgrade (for example with the bookmark function occasionally causing KM browser to close unexpectedly, and also the ongoing aggravation of not being able to see the Visited Links change color)...

We even told the program to go ahead and delete the former Profiles, to try to install cleanly, but later it said something to the effect that "Your bookmarks & preferences will not be lost"--some such thing.

Very discouraged at this point. We like KM and would like to make it our default browser, but these two issues (bookmarking closing browser, and Visited Links remaining same color as Unvisited links) are crippling & aggravating our online life.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: September 05, 2007 02:58AM

I would back up the bookmarks, configs, etc. just in case (I hate to lose a good tweak) and then nuke the old K-M folder with an over-writing secure deleter. Then I would clean the registry. Then I would go overkill and give the new install a different folder name. And cross my fingers.

Posted by: justmeagain
Date: September 06, 2007 06:38AM

HI,
Looks like the problems have more or less cleared up. Maybe the Opera *.adr file we imported into K-M had a problem, but since starting fresh with a make-it-from-scratch bookmarks file, we've had no closings/crashes, so we're much happier than we were a few days ago!

smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.