This build is only for test purposes.

Feel free to check the latest news on

http://kmeleon.blogspot.com

10/18 Update: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.08 Beta 1

[Release Notes]

+ K-Meleon 1.5a core
+ Update plugins
+ In preference->display, can choose to show/hide menu
+ Type in address bar, then press Ctrl+R will open Google "I'm feeling lucky" search result

[Download]
http://kmeleon.et8.net/K-MeleonCCFME0.08b1.exe

This is probably the last alpha build for ME 0.08, so I finally decided to publish it.

ATTENTION: IT'S AN ALPHA BUILD, SO USE IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

[Release Notes]

+ Gecko 1.8.1.4
+ Newly designed preference panel
+ Better Ad-filter, support filter with images, frames, flash and scripts
+ New Privacy plugin, session plugin added with better functions
+ New Drag and drop mouse gestures plugin
+ A lot of new features

[Download]

http://kmeleon.et8.net/K-MeleonCCFME0.08a5.exe

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2007 10:25PM by Hao Jiang.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.08 Alpha5
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 11, 2007 06:59PM

Works stable - thx for the update.

Posted by: ACM
Date: October 12, 2007 12:26PM

Hi, Jao:

Thanks for your developing efforts.

Wow, very, very fast! It seems even faster than the official K-Meleon version itself! But...

1) No user agent and mouse accelerator options? They seem to have gone. A pity.

2) The user cannot select the address bar through the normal Ctrl+L key combo... My guess is that you should keep some familiar setting options untouched.

3) Please, give us an option not have a blank layer (or tab - a change already implemented?) shown when we set addresses invoked from the address bar, the Favorites etc. to open in new layers or tabs.

Best regards.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: October 12, 2007 02:16PM

Hi, ACM

Thanks for the reply. The KM is faster because of Dorian's hardwork towarding the 1.5. And also ME version is non-XUL build.

1) And there are user agent and mouse gesture settings in preference panel.

2) F6 is the key to select the address bar and it should be the same with the official KM also. I reserved Ctrl + L for select the group menu.

3) These options can be found in preference->behavior although there're still bugs with some of options.

Regards,

Hao

Date: October 12, 2007 03:05PM

Hi, Hao:

Thanks for the reply and info.

I'll give your edition a bit more a of try.

Regards.

Posted by: stoke
Date: October 17, 2007 03:48PM

Option to put the tab bar at the bottom and this would be my browser of choice.

Date: October 17, 2007 09:38PM

Hi, Stoke:

Have you tried this? user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.layers.rebarBottom", true) . Type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter. After confirmation (if any), copy and paste the string above and change the boolean value to "true". Close the tab and browser. Reopen it and voilá... I don't know about K-MeleonCCF ME, but it works on K-Meleon official build.

Regards.

Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.08 Beta 1
Date: October 18, 2007 10:18PM

Beta 1 is published. Thanks for Dorian's work.

Date: October 18, 2007 11:30PM

Tab bar cannot be placed to bottom / in no k-m version / AFAIK a C+ library limitation (but that is hear&say - I am no coder).

about:config cannot work in ME because of the limitations of chrmlite.dll (chrome lite dll). All ME use this version of chrome.dll. It has been tried to get about:config working. For ME's no chrome/XUL (mostly adapted Firefox's) extension will work for the same reason. That is no: Newsfox, Console2, Mimetypes-editor...

Workarounds for about:config: use a ./components folder with normal chrome.dll and normal chrome (later change back / this can be done by copying/renaming the folders ) or edit prefs.js (or user.js) by hand while K-Meleon is shut down.

No known workarounds for other XUL extensions or functions.

Posted by: mikeee
Date: October 22, 2007 04:54AM

hi, thanks for the release and all the work in k-mCCFme. below is a bit of feedback, i'm sure most of it applies to more than just this version...

Bug (perhaps with setdefault.exe):
when i use "setdefault.exe" and then run k-meleon from the "internet" link on the start menu, the following error occurs;

==Lua Extension Plugin==
C:\Program Files\K-MeleonCCF me\pref\macros.lua:1 module 'copyaslink' not found:
no field package.preload['copyaslink']
no file 'lua\copyaslink.lua'
no file 'lua\copyaslink.lc'
no file 'lua\copyaslink.dll'

then preferences, search button, etc does not work.

Thanks for implimenting "i'm feeling lucky" search, [very fast!] it greatly improves productivity! and it would be great if this worked when you press enter (with anything but a "asdf.xyz" entry, like FF.

requests:
*[return] gui option to disable/enable plugins
*options to edit/add search engines.
*"the magnifying glass"
previously there were 2. with 0.08beta1 there is only 1. only one (separate to the rest of the menu, so it can go to the right the search box on its own) is needed if set up right;
---when right clicking, if you select a search engine, it will open a new box. this would be better if it changed the search that is being currently used in the existing search box.
---when left clicking, it will open a new box which you can type something in to search. it should however execute the search of whatever is in the pre-existing search box.

in the medium/long term, it would be awesome if you could impliment the search box in a similar way to how opera's works. (using opera you can add any search box on any website as if you were searching from there. simply right click on the search field and press 'add search', it will then be an option in the search box.)

is RSS a possiblity in the near future? ..i would only be interested in the same implimentation as FF, pretty much only for the BBC headlines so i can have it without loading a site etc etc.

ad blocker: when i right click an image it only lets me block the sub domain which that is on. for example, if i wanted to block all images here, and click on the k-meleon logo, it will let me block images from kmeleon.sourceforge.net, but not let me block all of sourceforge.net. it would be nice to be able to block the whole site, or edit the address to block.
ultimately it would be good to have wild cards for a much better implimentation.

send to hotkey:
when i press this accidentally, and then press cancel, it brings up the error;

===Lua Extension Plugin===
lua\edit.lua:84: attempt to concatenate local 'hotkey' (a nil value)
[OK]

obviously its not a big deal, but something which shouldn't bring up an error box.

also, what is the font used in preferences etc, as i dont think i have it? [it looks like there is a missing font, or is that how it always is?]

and, perhaps remove links to all the chineese language sites in the english version (which is everything but this forum and 'kmeleonccf blog')

thanks again, hope the feedback is useful.

Date: October 22, 2007 04:59AM

edit: also, when resizing the window, shrink the address bar before removing the search bar completely. or alteast shrink them proportionately.

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 29, 2007 01:20PM

Hi Hao, I'm testing your new beta 0.08b1 and i think that you can change some visual details;

- In abouts pages (both K-M and CCF) is showed 0.06 series version, this must be 0.08, yes?

- Some text in Preferences panel don't show good (very adjust) or don't show completly. The panel is big, there are a lot of space, please distribute it better.
If you increase the length of string in preference panel will is more easy to translate to other languages.

- Also some controls are very small as 'Identify Browser' and 'UserAgent strings' you only can see a partial string, if this begin similar to other string you can't diference it. (And you can't scroll in this controls for view the rest of string)

- Others controls in preference panel as 'Disk cache' and 'Memory cahe' are very big.

- In Gestures tab (Preference Panel) you could put or order the controls in situation more similar to his mean, for example: (this do it more quikly and easy to locate it)

Left-Up     UP     Rigth-Up
       Left-Rigth
LEFT               RIGTH
       Rigth-Left
Left-Down   DOWN   Rigth-Down

- A question, what is the useful of 'Area Code' in Advanced tab (Preference Panel)?

- Behavior tab (Preference panel), Drag&Drop haven't 'Open in current tab' option, why? And 'Search bar' haven't default option selected, if you install the search bar plugin how it will opened the tabs by default.

- Close tab button haven't a rigth click context menu.

- Is possible translate dialogs to other language with a dll as original K-Meleon (kmeleon.dll) or this feature isn't implemented yet.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2007 01:25PM by desga2.

Date: October 29, 2007 02:07PM

@desga2 try with stardart Spanish kmeleon.dll smiling smiley

Menus look better with Chinese/Japanese writing (they are for that also) smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2007 05:53PM

@guenter:
This not run, i tried copy kmeleon.dll (spanish) in all folders of KMCCF and any element is translated. I'll make a traditional manual translation of all files.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: caktus
Date: October 29, 2007 07:44PM

mikee,

In regard to the error, rather than creating shortcuts from the SetDefalt.exe, create the shortcuts directly from the K-Meleon.exe itlself. Obviously this is not a "fix", but atleast it's a work around.You will also notice that this also works around the problems in the Options menu.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: October 29, 2007 09:03PM

desga2
@guenter:
This not run, i tried copy kmeleon.dll (spanish) in all folders of KMCCF and any element is translated. I'll make a traditional manual translation of all files.

This is really a beta version and lots of bugs need to be removed in the future. I 'll try to make everybody's needs but it might take some time...

For translation which is a part I 'm working on myself also. The preference panel is written totally in lua macros. So it's not possible to translate it in old ways. Right now, you have to do the GUI translation openning the \lua\preferenceGUI\GUI.lua to change each caption separately which is a pain for sure. And I 'm considering some better way to do this job right now. (And I think I have an idea but needs more work to implement...)

Date: October 30, 2007 04:31PM

Hi Hao!

I'm translating this 0.0.8 beta1 to spanish and i found some problems with preferences. Some preferences haven't a default value in kmeleon.js file or in default\profile\prefs.js file, if you not put a value or the value is incorrect, errors of lua macros are showed and preference panel don't load.

Also i found some references to language.cfg file for tranlation in some lua macros, is this operative or not implemented yet?

I'm finishing with menus translations and to do only lua macros translation is pending.

P.S.; 'about:config' url not run.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2007 04:48PM by desga2.

Date: November 01, 2007 12:28PM

re: the LUA plugin error with setdefault.exe / start menu.

is there no way to edit the 'default' value's data in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\K-Meleon.exe\Shell\Open\Command to make it work???

i have tried "[install path]\K-Meleon.exe" (ie adding quotes), "[install path]\K-Meleon.exe" %1, and also adding a DATAPATH value ([install path]) (which acts like 'start in' for a shortcut).

i can't see how it is any different to a normal shortcut..?

[also, whilst looking around there, it could be renamed K-Meleon CCF ME (just K-Meleon now), and a description could be added by adding a "Capabilities" key in the K-Meleon.exe key, and then a "ApplicationDescription" string value. (i think!)]

Date: November 01, 2007 12:53PM

edit: found a crude work-around to get it to work as the default browser on the start menu;

in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\K-Meleon.exe\Shell\Open\Command , modify the default value to

CMD.EXE /c "C:\Documents and Settings[User]\Start Menu\Programs\K-Meleon CCF ME.lnk"

basically change what is in the quotes to a shortcut of yours to KMccfME that works.
it opens a command box momentarily which is not a good long-term solution.

Date: November 01, 2007 02:48PM

Did You try to start a setdefault.exe in it directory?
Try one from a recent 1.5 test version or from Your normal K-Meleon

Date: November 13, 2007 10:03PM

desga2
Hi Hao!

I'm translating this 0.0.8 beta1 to spanish and i found some problems with preferences. Some preferences haven't a default value in kmeleon.js file or in default\profile\prefs.js file, if you not put a value or the value is incorrect, errors of lua macros are showed and preference panel don't load.

Also i found some references to language.cfg file for tranlation in some lua macros, is this operative or not implemented yet?

I'm finishing with menus translations and to do only lua macros translation is pending.

P.S.; 'about:config' url not run.

Hi Desga2,

I 've come up with one temperary solution for translation of Lua-based preference panels.

I 'm now putting a locals.lua file in the lua\preferenceGUI folder.

And all the corresponding lua file which is using string which need to be translated will require this file.

And I 'm attaching a Chinese translation sample for this locals.lua and there's another locals_English.lua is suitable for any translation to other languages. You can just simply change the file name to locals.lua to make the translation work.

A beta package can be downloaded here for the whole lua folder

http://kmeleon.et8.net/lua.7z

Date: November 19, 2007 03:25AM

I have a problen with the Prefernces button (crossed screw driver and wrench) > Edit menu. Some times I have a long list of recently closed Tabs in a window and it is very dificult to navigate the mouse pointer into the Edit menu with out a long list of "Undo closed tabs" getting in the way of the rest of the Edit menu. I hope I'm explaning this in a way that makes sense.

Usually when this happens I don't want to change all of my current tabs to a new window. Is there a way to move this "Undo closed Tabs" menu to some where else so it does not get in the way of the other Edit menu items? Perhaps to the bottom of the Edit menu.

I would like to keep the "Undo closed tabs" option as it is a valuable option. But it keeps preventing me from navigating to other Edit menu items.

I hope all this makes sense.

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by: desga_2
Date: November 19, 2007 10:40AM

You can change Edit menu in menus.cfg file and.

Date: November 19, 2007 07:39PM

desga_2
Thanks for the info.

Charlie

Date: November 20, 2007 06:45AM

@caktus,

Sorry for late reply. And thank you desga_2.

BTW, the new Beta2 is coming and will provide a lot of fixes plus several new features.

Date: November 21, 2007 04:11PM

Hao
"Beta2 is coming"

Hao,

Thanks. I just installed the Beta2. Something I really like is the Tabs options in the Task bar nex to the pad lock. In a very handy location, yet not taking up any realestate.

Why does Preferences > General tab have two "Enable Javascript" options? Should both of them be selected in order to enable Javascript?

Also, when I click on any of the formatting options in the KM Forum reply form i.e. B U I " etc. the formatting option does not happen, and it opens a new tab. The only way it does work is when I set tabs to open in the "default way" using the tab option button in the Task bar.

Thanks.

Charlie

Date: November 21, 2007 04:25PM

caktus
Hao
"Beta2 is coming"

Hao,

Thanks. I just installed the Beta2. Something I really like is the Tabs options in the Task bar nex to the pad lock. In a very handy location, yet not taking up any realestate.

Why does Preferences > General tab have two "Enable Javascript" options? Should both of them be selected in order to enable Javascript?

Also, when I click on any of the formatting options in the KM Forum reply form i.e. B U I " etc. the formatting option does not happen, and it opens a new tab. The only way it does work is when I set tabs to open in the "default way" using the tab option button in the Task bar.

Thanks.

Hi, caktus,

1. It is a typo and it should be "remember password"

if you want to change it, go to lua\preferenceGUI\locals

and find:

_PASSWORD=

change it to

_PASSWORD="Remember Password"

and it should fix the problem.

2. when setting KM to handle all links in new tab, it will force all links to open in new tabs. And these formatting options are also links and that's why it is forced to open in new tabs.

Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.08 Beta 2
Date: November 21, 2007 05:29PM

Hao,

Thank you for responding. There are two different "Locals" folders, locals.lua with _PASSWORD="Enable Javascript" and locals_CN.lua _PASSWORD="¼ÇסÃÜÂë".

In which "locals" folder should I make the change? And should I delete the code that is currently following "_PASSWORD="?

Thanks.

Charlie

Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.08 Beta 2
Date: November 21, 2007 05:53PM

It's locals.lua you need to change and you need to reply the code following the "_PASSWORD=" also and actually it should be:

_PASSWORD="Ask for passwrod"

Date: November 21, 2007 08:27PM

Hao
It's locals.lua

Still no change. But no problem really. I wouldn't even call it an inconvenience.

Thanks.

Charlie

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.