General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-M selected as one of best ever
Posted by: Terry
Date: February 25, 2008 08:03PM

On the Tech Support Alert page: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm#1 KM was selected as one of the best browsers. Granted that it came in 5th, the author still had this to say:

"...K-Meleon [5], a slimmed down cousin of Firefox that's optimized for Windows. Of the four browsers I use on different PCs, K-Meleon is the quickest loading and along with Opera, the fastest for surfing. On the downside there are only a limited number of add-ons and plug-ins available so you are pretty well limited to the features available in the standard product. If you are the type of person who prefers performance to bells and whistles you should definitely try K-Meleon."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 08:04PM by Terry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-M selected as one of best ever
Posted by: foobarly
Date: February 26, 2008 12:04AM

People should get in touch with the reviewer to point out all the fine work Alain & others have been doing in the extension front.

The writer doesn't seem to have lost much sleep testing what he recommends -- it's more like a list of personal choices -- but after reading the review, I still found that I'd go for KM, if I wasn't already using it.

Just my 2ยข...

Posted by: casper
Date: February 26, 2008 02:54AM

How typical Firefox always seems too be rated Number 1 but It's good too see that K-meleon got into the top 5.

Posted by: Panzer
Date: February 29, 2008 04:49PM

Well, I expect that when (if) Orca browser is finally finished, it is going to drive K-meleon off the top 5. But no browser currently in use is not great. So I am using a couple of them: FF, Opera, The World browser, K-meleon (all portable versions). And I would use Sleipnir as well but portable version doesn't have option to use gecko engine...

So I am still waiting that somebody will make really great browser and make all current ones obsolete...

Posted by: Panzer
Date: February 29, 2008 07:59PM

I almost forgot:

Netscape R.I.P.A.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.