General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Importing bookmarks from Firefox
Posted by: Stephen Gilman
Date: March 14, 2008 12:49PM

Is there an easy way to import bookmarks from Firefox? I'm assuming that the "Netscape Bookmarks" plugin is different from Firefox bookmarks.

When I hit "import favourites" I got the favourites from IE, not from Firefox, but I have IE favourites disabled!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Importing bookmarks from Firefox
Posted by: Terry
Date: March 14, 2008 01:23PM

In the end, it may be easier to simply copy the bookmarks from Firefox to K-Meleon.
Firefox usually stores its bookmarks.html in the following directory: Documents and Settings\yourname\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default\funnynumber.slt\
Using Windows Explorer click through the folders, click on the file bookmarks.html and hold down Ctrl and click on the C button of your keyboard.
In general, K-Meleon stores its bookmarks.html in the following directory: Documents and Settings\yourname\K-Meleon\default\funnynumber.slt
Click down through that structure and when you get to the funnynumber.slt folder you should see the file bookmarks.html. Hold down Ctrl and click on the V button on your keyboard. This will prompt a message to overwrite the bookmarks.html and you answer yes.
K-Meleon and Firefox use similar bookmarks. You will probably be prompted that the bookmark is in use is not K-Meleon should you convert it. Tell it yes. Firefox embeds the url address to the favicon in the bookmarks.html and K-Meleon doesn't so K-Meleon will strip out those url references. After you do this once, you can begin using the bookmarks as if it was native to K-Meleon.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.