General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
K-Ninja!
Posted by: Al.
Date: March 22, 2006 05:24AM

Just thought I'd mention to all those K-Ninja devotees out there that I've just upgraded to a Geocities premium account, so from now on the website for K-Ninja Samurai is now ad-free, plus all future file-hosting is now done directly from the website itself, which means no more Rapidshare download click-thrus or delays.

http://geocities.com/grenleef/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Ninja!
Posted by: gray49
Date: March 22, 2006 10:44PM

Thank you Al.
Peace,
Stuart

Date: March 25, 2006 01:27AM

Time for a new build of K-Ninja Samurai me thinks.

This isn't a big list of changes, but the release is still significant none the less as it is a pointer towards any future K-Ninja Samurai releases and the development path.

Here are the release notes:

K-Ninja Samurai Build 20060324:

*Further enhancements to /chrome/
- New look page for About - K-Meleon menu entry, and also when you type about: into the address bar.
*Debundled all themes except for Phoenity (Default): To reduce the download size of K-Ninja I decided to remove any pre-packaged themes that came previously with K-Ninja. A new themes page for K-Ninja will be set up soon for users to download their themes of choice from.

I'll be setting up a themes page for K-Ninja Samurai as part of my website, and I'll also be converting some (if not all) of my K-Meleon themes to K-Ninja versions. This I'll probably have finished in a day or so, so stay tuned.

As always the link to grab K-Ninja! is...

Date: March 25, 2006 06:25AM

As promised the K-Ninja themes page is now up and running. I've just updated the Early-Blue theme to work with K-Ninja, and later on I'll work on some more of my themes to become "Samurai Compatible!". ;-)

http://geocities.com/grenleef/themes.html

Date: March 25, 2006 11:37AM

Thank you Al.
Peace,
Stuart

Date: March 25, 2006 08:50PM

Sure no problem Stuart, I'm just glad you're enjoying it. Let me know if you have any problems.

Posted by: Themer
Date: March 26, 2006 04:06AM

What a stupendous accomplishment!
Keep up the brilliant work.
@ \"As promised the K-Ninja themes page is now up and running. I\'ve just updated the Early-Blue theme to work with K-Ninja, and later on I\'ll work on some more of my themes to become \"Samurai Compatible!\". ;-)\"
I know there are several themes made by you Al.
Of those listed on the themes page will you be updating them all?
Will you be updating those of others especially if they\'ve been abandoned?

Date: March 26, 2006 10:44AM

The previous themes I did myself will more than likely be converted over to K-Ninja, in due time. As for any others, well maybe if anybody wants to see any particular theme made for K-Ninja then I might consider doing it. It'd be too time consuming for me to do *all* of them, plus ya just never know if one of those other guys might object to me tampering with their "property" so to speak.

So if you'd have any requests I'll duely note them down for future work.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 26, 2006 02:36PM

Al,

Updated Early Blue to work with K-Ninja? I'm in heaven!

<g>

N

Date: March 26, 2006 04:02PM

Al.
You are doing great work on K-Ninja...
I tried Early Blue but all I get is a
minimalist all gray background with
only the layers...url...and status bar
available...I actually like it a lot and
will use it for the time being...I just
thought you should know.
Peace,
Stuart

Posted by: me
Date: March 26, 2006 05:42PM

where do i extract it?

Date: March 26, 2006 06:42PM

Just make sure that any of the themes you download are extracted to the /skins/ directory. The themes already have a subfolder for them when I zipped them up, so you don't have to create any new folders for them when you extract them.

So in the case of Early-Blue, just make sure that you haven't got any extra folders for it there. Once extracted the path for the contents of the theme should just be c:\Program Files\K-Ninja\skins\Early-Blue_Ninja[\b]

Any more folders than that and you end up with a non-displaying theme.

Date: March 26, 2006 06:45PM

Holy funky forums Batman! The above path should just be:

c:\Program Files\K-Ninja\skins\Early-Blue_Ninja\

Posted by: Coby
Date: March 27, 2006 05:15PM

What about the other themes by Al?
These would be Crossover, Java Duke, Konqueror, Mosaik,
Pinstripe Redux, Silverbird, Surfari, Warped, and Whistler XP.
Are these already compatible with K-Ninja?
If not what would happen? Any chance of updating them?
In my opinion they are almost the only ones which work
very well on the current builds. As a matter of fact these
and those by Eyes-Only and 888 are almost the only ones
we use here. We have them all on the last dozen or so
builds with 1.7.12 & 1.7.13. Also in CCF & SM.
Most everything works fine with just a few minor flaws, such
as on Duke the layer close button does not work.
And @ other guys might object to me tampering with their property
I don't much think Eyes-Only would mind since he is not
actively updating his.
Thank you for all your wonderful work on the themes for
K-Ninja and the other builds.

Posted by: # 1 K-Ninja Fan
Date: March 29, 2006 06:15PM

In case anyone cares most of those mentioned @ Coby are
favorites around here. That especially applies to Crossover,
Java Duke, Konqueror, Mosaik, Warped, and Whistler XP.
But certainly good ole Duke is very much enjoyed.
Al this is wonderful that you are taking the time to keep
K-Ninja updated. There are many of us appreciative users.
I think they should all come forward to praise your work.

Date: March 31, 2006 05:29AM

Hey guys,

Just got back from another busy week of work on the road, and it looks like it's time to don the K-Ninja cap for a couple of days. In relation to the themes that have been mentioned there, yes I will have them updated and working with K-Ninja this weekend. A while back Eyes-Only handed over control of his themes to me (out of gratitude for help I guess), so those themes will be updated too.

Any other themes will have to wait until another free weekend. ;-)

Date: March 31, 2006 10:38AM

Time for a new build, here is the list:

K-Ninja Samurai Build 20060330:

+Fixed Aggreg8 RSS Reader problems as reported by Mala Okeh (K-Ninja Forums).
+More internal changes to EXE.

I *may* do a little more further work time permitting this weekend, which *could* see an incremental build come out (usually signified by an "a" on the end of the build date/number), similar to last weekend. It all depends upon whether I deem the newer things I'm doing to K-Ninja release worthy.

Date: March 31, 2006 11:56AM

@Al.
As always...Thank you.
Peace,
Stuart

Date: March 31, 2006 09:49PM

I've just uploaded a "reg" file (short for a registry file) which once run will set K-Ninja as the system default browser. The only caveat to this is this reg file is for XP users for the time being. If of course somebody wants to edit it to be compatible with Win9x then feel free to, otherwise I will look into it later.

The reason why I've created this file is, apart from keeping with the K-Ninja philosophy of "keeping things simple", it is also a replacement for the missing SetDefault.exe. SetDefault doesn't work with K-Ninja at the moment anyhow, so the reg file will be a nice quick "lightweight" replacement for it.

I've tested the reg file on my machine, it works good. No guarantees with it, so the more cautious can examine the file with Notepad before proceeding to use it. If nobody find any problems using it I will include it with the next K-Ninja release.

http://www.geocities.com/grenleef/misc/KninjaDefault_XP.reg

To download just right click on it and select "Save Link As".

Date: April 01, 2006 01:11AM

Ok, all my current themes are now converted and available for K-Ninja, as well as the couple Eyes-Only did as well.

Date: April 01, 2006 03:58AM

Did somebody say incremental update? Well as it turns out I decided to throw in a few more enhancements to the original 20060330 build, so now we have Son of 20060330: Build 20060330a

Here are the full release notes for this one:

K-Ninja Samurai Build 20060330a:

+Fixed Aggreg8 RSS Reader problems.
+More internal changes to EXE.
+Added in Quicknote extension: Quicknote is a light and handy application with a tabbed interface for typing/copying & pasting text and taking notes as you browse. To launch Quicknote, just click on Tools -> Browsing Options -> Mail and News -> Quicknote. Quicknote will then launch in a new layer.
+Included two new *.reg files for setting K-Ninja as you system default browser: the files are named SetDefaultXP.reg (for Windows2000/XP users) and SetDefault9x.reg (for Windows9x/Me users). The files are located in the /K-Ninja/ root directory. To merge the files with the registry just double click on the appropriate one for your system (or right-click and select Merge).

http://geocities.com/grenleef

Have a good weekend one and all. ;-)

Date: April 01, 2006 04:08AM

Slight alteration to the above notes: To launch Quicknote, it should be Tools -> Mail and News -> Quicknote (via the menus).

Have fun.

Posted by: Noobie
Date: April 01, 2006 09:34AM

Bad Link for this new version ? Al, pls check, thanks !

Noobie

Date: April 01, 2006 10:32AM

Just checked the files via ftp, and they are all still there, so I guess at the moment Yahoo! are probably to blame for the problems downloading the files. My advice is to be patient and try again in a few hours. Let me know if problems persist then, and if need be I'll pop a copy of the latest K-Ninja onto Rapidshare (temporarily of course).

Before I go to bed just thought I'd also mention that I have just put together a new theme, this one is a K-Ninja exclusive (as in I won't be doing a regular K-Meleon version for it). Koldfusion (based on the Netscape v8 Coldfusion theme) can be of course downloaded here:

Oddly enough the theme downloads are not experiencing any problems at the moment. :-)

Posted by: bst82551
Date: April 01, 2006 05:03PM

That Koldfusion theme is VERY nice. I'm definitely liking it.

Brian

Date: April 01, 2006 09:33PM

Glad you're liking it. Coldfusion (and Winscape) are about the only good things you can say about Netscape v8.1. Everything else is just, well you know ;-)

btw K-Ninja downloads from my website are working Ok now. To alleviate any future problems I'll probably just remove the download links for the older builds, and just keep the latest build download there. That'll also alleviate me having to answer questions about those old builds too. :-)

Date: April 08, 2006 03:23AM

<>

For all those K-Ninja users and interested parties out there, I've established a new K-Ninja user forum @:

http://pub35.bravenet.com/forum/2994087922/

The links from the K-Ninja! mainpage are now updated to this link as well. The forum itself is a lot simpler and easier to use than the previous one, plus there is no need to register before posting.

Date: April 09, 2006 08:16AM

<..>

Well I was going to hold off a little longer on this release, but then I thought "hey why wait!", so here it is: K-Ninja v1.0.0.

Progressing on from the previous testing milestones, v1.0.0 basically wraps it all up in a nice nutshell and sets the stage for future Samurai releases. The main difference that ppl will notice is I've switched to a new installer proggy, which installs K-Ninja quite nicely, and if you don't like it, uninstalls it too. There are other smaller yet non-the-less significant changes to K-Ninja which I'l leave to the users to discover for themselves.

Whilst I was going to wait until Mozilla.org released v1.7.13 final for K-Ninja Samurai v1.0.0, I'll instead release a v1.0.1 of Samurai based on it instead. The release is overdue so it should see the light of day sometime within the next couple of weeks. Also if I don't do any changes to K-Ninja before then, then I might also put together a simple GRE update installer just for K-Ninja v1.0.0 users to save them another big download.

Anyhow as always the link to "Grab a Ninja!" is:

Date: April 09, 2006 08:00PM

@Al.
Thank you again...
Very fast and stable...
I'm not surprised...
A pleasure...
Peace,
Stuart

Posted by: bellgamin
Date: April 13, 2006 07:52AM

Version 1.0!!!

I have downloaded Samurai 1.0 just this minute. Is it okay to install 1.0 over the previous version, or must I uninstall the old?

Many thanks for samurai. ^_^

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.