General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Runtime Error Fix - Happy Day!!
Posted by: David
Date: July 30, 2008 02:14PM

I have used k-meleon for a couple of years now and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

However every few months I get a runtime error that prevents me from running k-meleon. Despite my searches on this forum for a solution, everything I tried was for naught. Removing and reinstalling k-meleon did not cure the problem nor did renaming the file. Everytime this happens (every few months) I am forced to use either internet explorer or mozilla.

Being a cynical individual I finally questioned whether my local service provider (Bellsouth and AT&T/Yahoo) could be the culprit. Probably not, but I thought I would try a few things and remove their many features from my computer, leaving just my ability to get on the net.

In other words, I dumped Bellsouth's "help center" and all the AT&T/Yahoo toolbar garbage and then reinstalled k-meleon.

To my surprise it worked!! Happy Day!! No runtime error and k-meleon loads just fine.

I hope this helps others who may have this same "run time error" problem. The problem may be with your internet provider software (intentional or not) and not with K-meleon!!.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Runtime Error Fix - Happy Day!!
Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 30, 2008 05:34PM

probably was the at&t/yahoo toolbar integrating with ie and favourites and with the favourites plugin activated in k-m; perhaps that caused the error..
whatever it was, glad you've finally fixed it!

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.