General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-MeleonCCF ME 0.093
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: March 04, 2009 10:54PM

[Release Notes]

+ Boss key function added (Alt + `), when pressed browser window will hide/show itself.
+ Customized search added. Search engine for searchbar can be edited in preference->search tab
+ oGet updated
* change behavior for the maximized button for several taskbar position conditions
* Fix one bug in menu item associated with adblock plus
* Fix some https:// website not accessible bug. (not all of them)

[Download]

https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=252608

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 03:07AM by Hao Jiang.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.093
Posted by: Arrow
Date: March 05, 2009 01:53AM

Thanks Hao {and for your reply in earlier thread)

Browser opens as a small window and when I click maximise it only expands a fraction more, it does not maximise.

i have to manually maximise it to fill desktop but when I reopen again it is back to opening at a small size again

xp pro

Date: March 05, 2009 01:58AM

Arrow
Thanks Hao {and for your reply in earlier thread)

Browser opens as a small window and when I click maximise it only expands a fraction more, it does not maximise.

i have to manually maximise it to fill desktop but when I reopen again it is back to opening at a small size again

xp pro

small window? Is this 'small' window covering the whole desktop or just part of it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 02:18AM by Hao Jiang.

Posted by: Super Mario
Date: March 05, 2009 12:59PM

Hao , The fact is that a huge amount of bugs in your release. if you tested your work well before you take it before us ???

Date: March 05, 2009 05:10PM

The maximized bug might be related to system.

Cause I 'm building and testing it right now on Windows 7 with the aero, it might not compatible with XP setting. I didn't think this could be a problem at all. So please describe your problem more specifically, and I could try to fix it. Thank you.

Hao

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 05, 2009 08:19PM

Hao, both maximised and minimized look like screenshot. I cannot get it to full monitor filling size. Obviously not all XP users have it. Else You had more ...

Mario, it has always been the job of users to test with other systems.
That keeps qualified PPL's backs free to do the jobs we users cannot do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 08:21PM by guenter.

Attachments: _1Zwischenablage01.jpg (75.2 KB)  
Posted by: Doodle
Date: March 05, 2009 10:04PM

Hi Hao,
Thank you for the new release! The added customized search option alone is enough reason for me to download.

I'm using XP & can confirm the maximize bug. Seems like t would only expand within the windows border itself. This problem only applies to the System toolbar. I usually disable it and use the title bar instead (maximize using the title bar is fine, btw).

PS: Can we wish for AdBlock subscription to Easylist anytime soon? It's really helpful for me (and a lot of users I believe) in Firefox since I don't have to add blocklist manually.

Thank you!!!

Posted by: leveck
Date: March 05, 2009 11:43PM

I had the problem with the small window. I clicked on "fit to width" under the view menu and restarted K-meleon. It now works perfectly.

Date: March 06, 2009 02:51AM

Thanks leveck clicking fit to width allows ccfme to reopen to fill the entire desktop but it still is not maximised.

I have to click on maximise each fresh opening of the browser to remove the border around the browser. Is their a way to have it remember the maximised setting and open without the frame.

@ Hao - When I mentioned ccfme opened as a small window in my post above - it opened on first run as a narrow strip approx 3 inches wide and two thirds of the desktop in height. THen after that a window approx i/3rd the size of the desktop when reopening after manually resizing

Date: March 06, 2009 03:25AM

Now after trying different skins it has gone haywire again grinning smiley

Despite deleting profile it constantly reopens with an inch of desktop showing top and bottom of the browser despite clicking on fit to width.

Something must have been written to registry because I deleted entire ccfme folder extracted from 7z again and still does this.

I'll probably have to reboot to see if that clears it, but not now I'm off to bed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 03:31AM by Arrow.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: March 06, 2009 07:48AM

The search tab is indeed very useful. One question only: could it be that there is something wrong with password : I can save them, I can view them but they never popup / present them automatically after having saved them: I have to retype them everytime time again. Is there a solution for that? This was not so in 0.092.

Thx,

Mala Okeh

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: March 08, 2009 11:08AM

Where can we download K-MeleonCCF ME 0.094 that is mentioned on the following address :

http://bbs.et8.net/bbs/forumdisplay.php?s=7a64fc827cd7c586c5907668aa20b22d&f=115

Thx in advance,

Mala Okeh

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 08, 2009 07:33PM

In this thred of CCF only indicate that next release CCF ME 0.094 include the option to save pages in MHT format.

There isn't any link to download because it isn't finished yet.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: March 09, 2009 09:36PM

0.094 coming with these functions:

+ Save webpage in .MHT (Thanks to disrupted)
+ Backup/Restore profiles (Thanks to disrupted)
+ Show/Hide title bar anytime (Button on toolbar with command ID)
* Fix window maximize bug

Date: March 09, 2009 09:53PM

Thanks Hao & disrupted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 09:54PM by Arrow.

Posted by: psa100verse3
Date: March 10, 2009 08:41PM

Hi Hao Jiang, thanks for a great browser.

I have a few issues with MeleonCCF ME 0.093

In g-mail the backspace causes a window to pop up asking if I want to navigate away from the page. This only happens in the body of a message not in the subject or address line.

Sometimes MeleonCCF ME opens a link in new window, even though I changed the setting in preferences. This also happens in g-mail and can be "irritating" some times smiling smiley

I can't attach a file with g-mail. Explorer comes up and I choose the file, but g-mail does noting.

Thanks for you your help.
Louis

Date: March 10, 2009 10:09PM

psa100verse3
Hi Hao Jiang, thanks for a great browser.

I have a few issues with MeleonCCF ME 0.093

In g-mail the backspace causes a window to pop up asking if I want to navigate away from the page. This only happens in the body of a message not in the subject or address line.

Sometimes MeleonCCF ME opens a link in new window, even though I changed the setting in preferences. This also happens in g-mail and can be "irritating" some times smiling smiley

I can't attach a file with g-mail. Explorer comes up and I choose the file, but g-mail does noting.

Thanks for you your help.
Louis

For backspace issue, you can disable backspace for ID_NAV_BACK in pref\accel.cfg

Posted by: Jinn
Date: March 13, 2009 09:41AM

Hao Jiang,

When you have time try to fix https bugs.

Please and Thank You.

Posted by: SlavicMutton
Date: March 19, 2009 12:31AM

Hi Hao Jiang
If its not too much of trouble, can you implement adblock to subscribe to easylist?
i noticed i'm not the only one requesting this feature.
So, when you have the time...
Thanks!

Date: March 20, 2009 12:54AM

SlavicMutton
Hi Hao Jiang
If its not too much of trouble, can you implement adblock to subscribe to easylist?
i noticed i'm not the only one requesting this feature.
So, when you have the time...
Thanks!

An update:

Next version will have an updated Adblock plus panel which can import Adblock plus subscription rules directly.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.