General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Browsers?
Posted by: eDOC786
Date: June 27, 2009 10:31PM

How do you guys compare KM to FF, Opera & Sea Monkey?

Is KM 1.5.3 the Final or still new versions shall keep coming up?

Would the older ones be automatically upgraded or reinstall?

Does KM function fine with Vista 32 bit Home Premium?

Thanks again.

Doc.

Doc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Browsers?
Posted by: Paul
Date: June 28, 2009 12:16AM

I've never tried seamonkey as thats a multi-fuction browser that wouldn't interest me. Opera 10 is quite impressive if like me you use sites that are heavily written in JS, such as Facebook. I've just tried the new portable version of FF RC3 and must say I'm impressed with its speed.

However despite all of this I'm always drawn back to K-Meleon Its just a dammed good browser, and whats more I love this forum for so many reasons. The help, the humour, the interesting and varied views and beliefs of its members, so I repeat its gotta be KM and it's forum. Nothing quite like the two of them anywhere else. grinning smiley

As for updates provided you haven't changed the default on the macro settings new updates are offered automatically.

I don't know the answer to your vista question, one of the regulars will know.smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2009 12:37AM

Paul
I've never tried seamonkey as thats a multi-fuction browser that wouldn't interest me. Opera 10 is quite impressive if like me you use sites that are heavily written in JS, such as Facebook. I've just tried the new portable version of FF RC3 and must say I'm impressed with its speed.

However despite all of this I'm always drawn back to K-Meleon Its just a dammed good browser, and whats more I love this forum for so many reasons. The help, the humour, the interesting and varied views and beliefs of its members, so I repeat its gotta be KM and it's forum. Nothing quite like the two of them anywhere else. grinning smiley

As for updates provided you haven't changed the default on the macro settings new updates are offered automatically.

I don't know the answer to your vista question, one of the regulars will know.smiling smiley

Thanks Paul for sharing your views.

What exactly do you mean by default macro settings?

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 28, 2009 12:39AM

Paul

I repeat all that he has said. Except the FF thing lol. I have been using linux for about the past week solely. It is amazing how accustomed I am to K-Meleon and see just what I have to go thru to get another browser to work in the same manner. 90% of the time the things I want to do can't be done. I thought Seamonkey would be great but there are things that just irk me about it. So I am using konqueror(linux only) and Opera 10 which I really like at the moment. Still not K-Meleon though but I can adjust some setting to make it more appealing to me.

Reeko

Date: June 28, 2009 01:32AM

I think IE & KMm are the better ones.........rest FF & Opera 10 are too bloated.....FF likned with Yahoo & so many extras.

Date: June 28, 2009 01:37AM

How is this done?

Date: June 28, 2009 04:58AM

KM is No1 but still lacks user friendlyness of IE8 for newbies like me.

It’s fast, light & secure........my thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2009 04:58AM by eDOC786.

Date: July 01, 2009 02:15AM

The more I am using KM specially with loader, I feel very strongely that it is the best & the most versatile browser.

Doc.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.