General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
toggle tabbar display in fullscreen
Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 09, 2009 07:18PM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/FS-tabbartog.7z

toggles tabbar to be shown or hidden while viewing in fullscreen, handy when you don't want any bars in your fullscreen mode but want to quickly switch to another tab. works through accelerator key 'shift H'

this extension only works if your tabbar is displayed at the bottom

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- toggle tabbar display@fullscreen (tabbar at bottom only)

tog_tabbar{
$hstabbar=togglepref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.fullscreen.hide_tabsbar");
$hsread=getpref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.fullscreen.last");
$active=("true");
$hsread==$active?&hsrefresh:&hsnorefresh;
}

hsrefresh{
plugin(fullscreen,);
plugin(fullscreen,);
}

hsnorefresh{
$tabbarstats=getpref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.fullscreen.hide_tabsbar");
$active=("true");
$tabbarstats==$active?&tabbarhid:&tabbarshow;
}

tabbarhid{
statusbar("tabbar will be hidden next time you activate fullscreen");
}

tabbarshow{
statusbar("tabbar will be shown next time you activate fullscreen");
}

_togtabbar_SetAccels{
setaccel("SHIFT H","macros(tog_tabbar)");
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_togtabbar_SetAccels;";
# ----------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."togtabbar_fs;";

special thanks to desga who first identified the bug wth nonhidden bottom tabbar at fullscreen and to dorian who made that option available

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: toggle tabbar display in fullscreen
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: January 06, 2010 09:14AM

Hi, this is my first message to this forum of THE BEST BROWSER I HAVE SEEN SO FAR!

"this extension only works if your tabbar is displayed at the bottom"
activate by Shift+H

Well... it does work here even when it is displayed at the top - in 1.5.3 as well as in Fred's 1.5.3-1.9.1., both in en-US This is on Win XPPro SP3.5.

Condition: the tabbar has to be the only bar on its level. As soon as the "Tab/&Window Buttons" sit on the same line AS A MOVEABLE TOOLBAR it will NOT work at the top.

BUT: in Preferences - Browsing - Tabbed Browsing - Tab Bar you can "Attach Tab/Window Buttons to the Tabbar". They are then an integral part of the tabbar, sitting at the far right.
I tied a Gesture to "Fullscreen", and I won't touch the Shift+H keys any more!
If you know how to edit your toolbar.cfg, you can comment out the buttons you don't need, then move any of the other buttons to the "Tab/&Window Buttons" section.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
german:

Das geht auch mit der Tableiste oben (evtl nur bei der en-US-Version, ich habe keine andere probiert - bitte um Feedback).
Bedingung: Die Leiste darf keine anderen beweglichen Elemente enthalten - standardmäßig sind das aber die "Tab/&Window Buttons"
Aber: in Preferences - Browsing - Tabbed Browsing - Tab Bar kann man "Attach Tab/Window Buttons to the Tabbar". Dann sind die "Tab/&Window Buttons" fester Bestandteil der Leiste, und es geht auch oben.
Ich habe dann noch die Geste "Up Right" mit Fullscreen belegt.
Wenn man weiß, wie die toolbar.cfg zu bearbeiten ist, kann man überflüssige Buttons dort auskommentieren und auch jeden anderen Button dorthin schieben.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 10:06AM by SoerenB.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 06, 2010 10:53AM

Hi Soeren, welcome on board smiling smiley
Noch ein Tüftler (oder -rin?), cool grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2010 10:55AM by siria.

Posted by: xray
Date: January 06, 2010 11:31AM

disrupted
special thanks to desga who first identified the bug wth nonhidden bottom tabbar at fullscreen [..]

i know its kinda stylish to rewrite history. im not really a fan of it tho.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,83755,83755#msg-83755

nice extension tho, thx!

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: January 06, 2010 12:18PM

Hi,

@ siria: thank you! some of your: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,97481
edited just a bit, would make the best advertisement, e.g. as openers for a homepage more attractive and better organized...
de-DE: danke, sagte der Tüftler zur Tüftlerin, und: ein paar von Deinen Tipps und Tricks würden sich gut auf einer schicken neuen Homepage machen!

@ xray: either me or you did not understand what the other one had been talking about.
I wrote about K-Meleon which, in fullscreen, DOES display the tabbar at the top, which shows some buttons (in my case: zoom, close, and compactMenu), and that is exactly the way I whish things to be - and I never need "full" fullscreen, almost.
I read yours as dealing with a bug? that prevented the tabbar, sitting at the bottom, from being hidden in fullscreen? against the user's intent?
I do not get the connection.

Best wishes!

SoerenB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2010 12:48PM by SoerenB.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.