K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
Tab locks up intermittently
Posted by: Mello
Date: June 17, 2019 07:23PM

Sometimes a fully rendered web page (any web page) just won't scroll, nor will links open.

I can release it by clicking on another open tab and then back to the
tab in question.

This has happened with any update of Goanna - not often enough to be
a big issue, but irritating nonetheless.

js on/off makes no difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2019 07:23PM by Mello.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab locks up intermittently
Posted by: gordon451
Date: June 19, 2019 12:29AM

Is there any site-related pattern to these pages?

Check to see what the throbber is doing, it may be that a necessary bit hasn't quite finished loading.

Also some "on-load" scripts get hung for some reason--although I've noticed that many web-weavers are as sloppy with scripting as they are with HTML. And K-M is a fault-intolerant browser.

Posted by: Mello
Date: June 19, 2019 01:27AM

It can be any page - even a long time after it has completed
loading - in fact it sometimes happens on my home page which is a very light html file stored on my laptop.

Posted by: Borut
Date: June 19, 2019 02:59AM

My experience is similar to what gordon451 mentions. No real locks after being loaded.

Posted by: Carl-Robert
Date: June 21, 2019 10:46AM

Same issues happen to me, but I'm using windows instead of tabs. The whole window freezes (not the Windows' unresponsive app thing), and can't click on menus nor get a context menu etc. Changing to another window/program and back fixes the "issue". Might be graphic drivers related, or just a Windows 10 "feature".

This didn't happen when I was using the older LTSB version. Now on the LTSC version it happens very rarely, but still happens (like for two weeks maybe once).

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.