K-Meleon on Goanna :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Building K-Meleon on top of the Goanna engine 
[TODO] Bugfixes and other stuff
Posted by: siria
Date: December 03, 2018 11:19PM

A topic to collect bugs to fix etc.

Since so many years little probs (and major ones) are piling up, there's so much to fix or finish or add in the GUI yet. Not only difficult stuff, also quite easy peanuts and little improvements. KM-devs focus on the engine only, when being around at all, while forum members keep posting reports and solutions, but those are shattered all across the forum and soon forgotten again sad smiley
There should be at least a LIST somewhere as a reminder.

For stuff like this:
rodocop fixed the broken "about:downloads" page again, inside omni.ja:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,148309

But the best place for such stuff is still the old bugtracker.
Let's revive it?
It died when for awhile development and bugfixes were advancing so rapidly, and later when things had calmed down again, "KM76b4" was the last available version for reports. But we can't fix that, and as a workaround the real versions could be stated in the subject line and text. Then use comments for updates. And perhaps, some far day Dorian drops by again, reads the comments and at least updates the fields... At any rate such a tracker system helps a lot to keep overview.

Another tiny workaround I've tried, is to mark important postings with searchable pseudo-tags like _bugs_ or _check_ or _bugfix_ or _howto_ But that's more of a gimmick, overall the bugtracker is much handier.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [TODO] Bugfixes and other stuff
Posted by: roytam1
Date: December 04, 2018 01:39AM

siria
A topic to collect bugs to fix etc.

Since so many years little probs (and major ones) are piling up, there's so much to fix or finish or add in the GUI yet. Not only difficult stuff, also quite easy peanuts and little improvements. KM-devs focus on the engine only, when being around at all, while forum members keep posting reports and solutions, but those are shattered all across the forum and soon forgotten again sad smiley
There should be at least a LIST somewhere as a reminder.

For stuff like this:
rodocop fixed the broken "about:downloads" page again, inside omni.ja:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,148309

But the best place for such stuff is still the old bugtracker.
Let's revive it?
It died when for awhile development and bugfixes were advancing so rapidly, and later when things had calmed down again, "KM76b4" was the last available version for reports. But we can't fix that, and as a workaround the real versions could be stated in the subject line and text. Then use comments for updates. And perhaps, some far day Dorian drops by again, reads the comments and at least updates the fields... At any rate such a tracker system helps a lot to keep overview.

Another tiny workaround I've tried, is to mark important postings with searchable pseudo-tags like _bugs_ or _check_ or _bugfix_ or _howto_ But that's more of a gimmick, overall the bugtracker is much handier.

and of course if you have github account, you can file an issue here:
https://github.com/roytam1/kmeleon/issues

Posted by: J.G.
Date: December 04, 2018 02:50PM

siria
(...) KM-devs focus on the engine only, when being around at all, while forum members keep posting reports and solutions, but those are shattered all across the forum and soon forgotten again sad smiley
(...)

I said mostly the same one year ago, although the situation has been changed a lot since those days. By the way, one year ago I was highly sceptical about the future of the Goanna engine development applied to KMeleon. Fortunately, @roytam1's work has been better than expected, considering that KMG is able to be merged with @rodocop's Pro version with good results (KM Hybrid). :O

"And why not to release the best enhanced KMeleon version we can get now, with all patches and all bug fixes found till today or with all updating improvements known?"
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,141148,142623#msg-142623

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 08:22PM by J.G..

Date: March 13, 2020 09:05PM

A friend of mine has noticed a possible bug in Kmeleon Goanna v20200307:
> Menu > View > Toolbars > Options
This forces Kmeleon to crash. ¬_¬

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2020 09:06PM by J.G..

Posted by: roytam1
Date: March 14, 2020 03:14PM

J.G.
A friend of mine has noticed a possible bug in Kmeleon Goanna v20200307:
> Menu > View > Toolbars > Options
This forces Kmeleon to crash. ¬_¬
try redownload