Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
How start translating K-Meleon ? pt-BR.
Date: February 26, 2011 02:04AM

grinning smileyI know K-Meleon for some time, I always hoped that your browser supports my Portuguese language, unfortunately that day never came. Therefore, I vow to try to bring the K-Meleon to en-GB, however I still have no idea where to start, what file I have to edit and translate? Will I need any additional software?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How start translating K-Meleon ? pt-BR.
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 26, 2011 06:37AM

xGrind translated K-Meleon 1.5.3 to pt-BR. The Dev that gave technical assistance to that stopped contributing due to time problems and job. So there is an almost finished pt-BR translation.

You'll find kko's and xGrind's mail via forum search. Try to contact them first - it will save You some work if You can get their assistance. Contact me if xGrind's forum mail is not valid anymore. xGrind also has a Face book account - and invited me.

I do not know whether and where translation sources for 1.5.4 were posted.

Translation sources for coming version 1.6 are not out yet.

You will need an editor that can write UTF8 e.g. PSPad and reource hacker (a resource/program editor). Both programs are free (for non commercial projects).

No programming skills required. You must know pt-BR, en-US and how to work with an editor.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2011 06:57AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.