To update K-meleon 1.7 to the latest FF 3.6.19, you will
need to download the FireFox at:
Then when downloaded "open inside" the file with 7.zip or
any zipping file. Drag out the file "nonlocalized" & open it.
That holds the files you need.
In K-meleon 1.7 you just want to relpace the files that are in K-meleon with the same named files that are in the FireFox files.
The same named files you need to replace is:
"components" & "greprefs" & "modules"
In "defaults" look for the file "autoconfig" & replace the files there.
Delete the "res" file in K-meleon & replace with FireFox "res" file.
Then in the main, K-meleon file relpace the files in K-meleon
with the same named FireFox files & delete the "platform" file
in K-meleon. That is it!
All seems to work good on my system.
With the KMFILES. With only Speed1, 2 & Cache on.
I tested it at these sites & this is what I got...
K-Meleon with GRE 22.214.171.124pre---( A ) Old
K-Meleon with GRE 126.96.36.199---( B ) New
FireFox with GRE 188.8.131.52---( C ) New Firefox
( A ) == 16.4 sec.
( B ) == 12.3 sec. Wow
( C ) == 13.6 sec.
( A ) == 51.80
( B ) == 34.74
( C ) == 26.43
( A ) == 155
( B ) == 178 Wow
( C ) == 170
( A ) == 93/100
( B ) == 94/100
( C ) == 94/100
I have worked at updating the K-meleon 1.6, but
it loaded up faster, but all the test I did it was a
slow down. The http://html5test.com
test was 119
It works but not to good.
I have also looked at FireFox http://ftp-test.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-8.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe
But I had no luck! It's too far out there For KM!