Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
new problem
Posted by: mrbig
Date: September 04, 2008 01:10AM

yes i have a new problem with the new browser ,,on my middle clicks again .it opens the new tab when i dont want that to happen i want it to load in background tab instead of layers or will layers work i havent trie that i dont feel it will different command ,also with this new browser you cant adjust your paint delay or adjust anything like before .....before it was in preferences now the preferences are the advanced part as before ,theres no config.or di i miss something please help.

this works as far as opening it in a new tab but it loads in your face not in background
# Middle-click links to the background Tab:
%ifplugin layers
MButton = layers(OpenLinkBg)
%else
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND_TAB
%end

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new problem
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 04, 2008 11:46AM

What version of KM are you using? I am using 1.5 and I found this in accel.cfg file under defaults\settings. I think if you go there, comment out the first group and un-comment the second group you will have the action you desire.
# ----- Link Handling

# Middle-click links to new windows/tabs:
%ifplugin tabs
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_TAB
%else
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_WINDOW
%endif

# Middle-click links to the background (instead of the above):
#%ifplugin tabs
#MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
#%else
#MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
#%endif

Date: September 04, 2008 12:35PM

are you talking about go to edit,configuration,accelerators.then add the first one or second one ,,neither works i tried both .thanks anyway

Date: September 04, 2008 12:39PM

mrbig
are you talking about go to edit,configuration,accelerators.then add the first one or second one ,,neither works i tried both .oooh im running K-Meleon 1.5.0 (2008-08-08)thanks anyway

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: September 04, 2008 02:41PM

kmeleon 1.5.0 can trigger unexpected orgasms..

Date: September 04, 2008 02:58PM

explain that is that good or bad.please sir

Date: September 04, 2008 05:04PM

sorry big, i was just joshing..

just like james said, you can open the default accel.cfg and hashout what you don't want and unhash what you want

you can also go to edit>configuration>accelerators

the accel.cfg file should open in your notepad, just add the following script at the end of the file:

# Middle-click links to the background:
%ifplugin tabs
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUNDTAB
%else
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
%endif

save the file.

this should trigger background tabs from middle click.

another and easier way to do that is just go to tools>mouse accelerators> and select sea monkey

also check this thread:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,81813

Date: September 05, 2008 01:08AM

this is great i just went and click seamonkey and she started working you all are great ,i indeed will say i believe this version to be a lot faster than lightning.it zooms right along i had one other question about this version is it not supposed to have a config.file were you can adjust different things like paintdelay and etc.. if it dont thats fine with me it is already lightning fast to me.im running on 24mbs sat.lite speed she holds together like laying down that rubber road.I sure hope everyone has a wonderful evening and you all are doing a great job.

Date: September 05, 2008 01:22AM

mrbig
this is great i just went and click seamonkey and she started working you all are great ,i indeed will say i believe this version to be a lot faster than lightning.it zooms right along i had one other question about this version is it not supposed to have a config.file were you can adjust different things like paintdelay and etc.. if it dont thats fine with me it is already lightning fast to me.im running on 24mbs sat.lite speed she holds together like laying down that rubber road.I sure hope everyone has a wonderful evening and you all are doing a great job.
also thanks disrupted,,,JamesD for your help.

Date: September 05, 2008 03:04AM

you;re very welcome big

the config file is still there, you can access it by going to:
edit menu>configuration>browser configuration

Date: September 05, 2008 03:20AM

disrupted(unlogged)