maybe I only did not find a matching config setting, but I found it increasingly annoying to have to initialize, manually, a "find in page" after having searched the web and opened the first page found.
So I added the following lines to my ->macros ->search.kmm, right after the header, to
 open the FindBar
 insert the search term & find
(added lines formatted medium bold italics
# Consult default engine (default engine is also used when macros are disabled)
macroinfo=_("Consult the default search engine");
macroinfo=_("Search the Web for Clipboard contents");
# Lock/unlock curr ...
This is on K-M 1.53. My config is set to opening almost anything in new background pages - if yours are not, the last added line may be too much.
Any feedback welcome.
Back again ...