General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: KM-MM8...
Posted by: Al.
Date: January 21, 2004 11:15PM

Don't worry about them guenter, they're just collaborating on some hybrid K-Meleon project is all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JP
Date: January 21, 2004 11:26PM

Jealous ? winking smiley

Posted by: JP
Date: January 29, 2004 01:37AM

TTT

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 03, 2004 05:58AM

Howdy ya'll, I'm back. Finally! All of our stuff is moved to Texas; no more trips half-way across the US in big, smelly trucks for me! (Yay!). smiling smiley

About my build...I noticed the chrome wasn't working right in the Mozilla base build as well; it doesn't seem to be registering them for some reason. Probably because it was a CVS pull. I'll try to build again sometime this coming week and see what happens. I'll also include those three redistribution DLLs next time.

Ps. I'm not colaborating on anything if that comment was about me; I'm just a guy who likes to tinker with stuff, who finds KM to be a fun, fast toy (as well as one of the best browsers there is). Nothing special about my builds, just some stuff I like -- mostly a few extra macro commands. I like to use the full Mozilla backend too, even though it is so big, because I also like to play with other stuffs like XUL and XSLT, which usually need pieces that aren't strictly needed for KM to run.

Pss. My builds are built from Mozilla nightlies pulled by CVS, and will be using KM CVS pulls, so they are bleeding edge. I don't recommend the average user to use them as a replacement for the official releases, but for those users who want a "nightly build" of KM, I try to help out. Keep in mind if you try my builds -- I'm a user, not a developer, and thus any problems I introduce are my own fault, and should not be reported here or to the developers.

Hope I don't seem too serious or anything, I just want to make clear where I stand and why I sometimes put out builds now.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Fast Sjonny
Date: February 03, 2004 11:33AM

Good work Jordan.

Do you have a website where we can find your builds and what I can check now and then?

About my question about a SSE2/G7 version; would it be possible for you to build a clean nightly SSE2/G7??

Thanks,
Jan

Date: February 03, 2004 11:34AM

Good work Jordan.

Do you have a website where we can find your builds and what I can check now and then?

About my question about a SSE2/G7 version; would it be possible for you to build a clean nightly SSE2/G7??

Thanks,
Jan

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 03, 2004 12:43PM

hi MonkeeSage,
been waiting for you beeing back to ask You a hole into Your belly as we say.
do You kow by chance why some sun-java pages finish loading with clong no more sages-bew running?
greetings to texas

Posted by: Al.
Date: February 03, 2004 08:32PM

Ps. I'm not colaborating on anything if that comment was about me; I'm just a guy who likes to tinker with stuff, who finds KM to be a fun, fast toy (as well as one of the best browsers there is).

No need to worry there Monkeesage, as that remark I made was just a facitious comment I made in reference to JP posting those messages and making it appear as if somebody else was replying to him (when in reality he was just conversing with himself ). To be quite frank none of his messages made any sense at all, so I just decided to humour him a little. ;-)

btw welcome back Monkeesage. :-)

Date: February 04, 2004 05:38AM

Al:

Right on. I figured as much, but it's hard to tell in print. Just wanted to make my position clear. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 04, 2004 06:01PM

Welcome back MonkeeSage.

Won't hold it against you that you moved to Texas!

<g,d&r>

Looking forward to some of your new builds to play with.

N

Date: February 05, 2004 04:13AM

Thanks for that 'welcome back', ya'll. winking smiley

Got around to updating my page. I tried a build with Mozilla 1.6 release to make sure the chrome worked, and it does, so I put together another zip package based on Moz1.6 and KM8.2 (7megs). I also created a support package with the three DLLs and a batch file to register them (instructions in the package). Aggreg8 and Flashblock work correctly. Al's .Manifest file is compiled in as a resource.

Files are linked at:
http://gratisDei.com/KM.htm

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 06, 2004 06:21AM

Hi Jordan,

Would like to know if you yourself have problems with printing with that last package.
What I do; printsettings >> 70 percent, printpreview, print.
I have done this three times now and three times it crashed.
Further working fine.

Jan.

Posted by: rmn
Date: February 06, 2004 02:15PM

Hey, the cookie confirmation dialog looks funny; it has four buttons! smiling smiley

Date: February 07, 2004 05:43AM

1.7a (nightly build) up again:

http://gratisdei.com/KM.htm

Chrome and everything seems to work. Cookie confirmation dialog is correct as well.

Ps. I have not had any problems with print preview / print.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 07, 2004 11:08AM

You are right about the printproblem. What it was I don't know but the problem is solved now and both versions (1.6 and 1.7a) are working fine.
Great job!!
Thanks,
Jan.

Date: February 07, 2004 01:11PM

Glad they are working. smiling smiley

Ps. I included the Mozilla chrome (with K-M about and netError files) instead of embed.jar in the 1.7a package, because I'm not sure what has changed since 1.5. A couple pluses so far are that about:config is alot faster loading and searching, about:about works, and I put the show / hide toolbar menus for the JS console into the right-click popup menu, so now you can hide / show the buttons or eval toolbars. The JS console also now shows you where the error occured in the line with a little green arrow and dotted line (especially nice for bookmarklets).

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Marc (@box.)
Date: February 07, 2004 03:40PM

MonkeeSage wrote:
> The JS console also now shows you where the error
> occured in the line with a little green arrow and dotted line
> (especially nice for bookmarklets).

I should add that those using KM0.8.2 can update their console by going here: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=Fix-JS+console

Posted by: JpH
Date: February 07, 2004 09:26PM

I must be tying something wrong but some of the XUL's are working and others are not. Hrm.

Date: February 08, 2004 12:55AM

MS :

Are your version numbers all correct ?

Is there anyway to make the download window more like the cookies confirm dialog ?

What does MM stand for ?

_
In future packs could you set the Toolbar Background off by default...
As well as change.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net

http://KMeleon.Sourceforge.net or use the SF's SF.net link with KMeleons correct prefix.

As well as add.

"http://"; To the "Next" window pain.
_

The devs should come up with some kind of there own "K-Meleon Highlighting for there own preference code" That would kick ass.

Thanks guys,

Date: February 08, 2004 12:57AM

MS :

Are your version numbers all correct ?

Is there anyway to make the download window more like the cookies confirm dialog ?

What does MM stand for ?

_
In future packs could you set the Toolbar Background off by default...
As well as change.

http://KMeleon.Sourceforge.net or use the SF's SF.net link with KMeleons correct prefix.

As well as add.

"http://"; To the "Next" window pain.
_

The devs should come up with some kind of there own "K-Meleon Highlighting for there own preference code" That would kick ass.

Thanks guys,

Date: February 08, 2004 01:12AM

MS:

Sorry that should be.....

___

to***

___

Oh and...

Does the cookie dialog to act via the following .....

Accept for the current session only

Use my choice for all cookies from this site

Use my choice for the current session only.

" "

Sorry if my posts are a little vague , just very excited about these builds !

Date: February 08, 2004 01:15AM

Can we get the dialog to word wrap the cookie cookie content string feild?

Date: February 08, 2004 01:18AM

ok Got more XULs working in ../17a !

Date: February 08, 2004 01:34AM

I like some of the new Xools but there functions/features are iether not enabled or not working or not complete . ???

Date: February 09, 2004 05:41AM

New 1.7a build up.

New command ID for copying images to the clipboard: ID_COPY_IMAGE_CONTENT

Some fun stuff at:
chrome://navigator/content/pageInfoKM.xul
chrome://mtypes/content/mtypes.xul

Ps. Mimetype editor doesn't always (or even usually) show the existing mimetypes, but you can always add a new one without a problem.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 09, 2004 12:31PM

Another build is up; includes XPI support and a new extension I just made for installing XPIs in KM. Access the extension @ chrome://xpii/content/

NOTE: Don't play too much with XPIs unless you know what you're doing or you'll be stuck if they mess something up (i.e., uninstallation of XPIs is always manual). This extension is mostly intended for people like Marc and Andrew who know a bit about the Mozilla chrome structure.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: February 09, 2004 03:36PM

MS:

Can you cover some of my questions please....

Date: February 09, 2004 03:53PM

JpH:

I didn't understand alot of what you were saying; when I did it looked to me like feature requests. What exactly are your questions?

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 10, 2004 01:10AM

monkeesage,

Not sure of your naming conventions. The file names I see at your download site seem to be the same as the other day.

Which one has the xpi capability?

Tks,

N

Date: February 10, 2004 04:43AM

ndebord:

Sorry about that, lol. I just kept the same package name since it wasn't a new minor version of Mozilla. It's the 1.7a package with the XPI stuffs. In future you can tell the new builds by the custom useragent strings -- the Gecko/xxxxxxxx postion will reflect the build date.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.