General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: KM-MM8...
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: March 03, 2004 11:31AM

There is a support package below the downloads which have the needed dlls from my owm system so they will be matched with the build. You can download it, extract the file and then the readme.txt tells you how to install / register them (basically just copy them and the .bat file to your system32 directory and then run the .bat file.from there).

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rjf
Date: March 03, 2004 01:45PM

guenter, MonkeeSage,

Thanks for the help. I've got it working now. After posting earlier I did a google search for the 1st missing .dll, downloaded it, and put it in my k-meleon directory(didn't know where else to put it). Then did the same for the next 2 .dll's. But it didn't work in my xp machine. Got an error code. But using MonkeeSages' .dlls(registered in the correct directory) did the trick.

MonkeeSage, I had thought I searched your site thoroughly for any help, and even searched thru the k-mel site here looking too. After you told me about the .dlls on your site i went back, and still couldn't find them at first. I scrolled all the way down to the end of the page looking for a link. Finally I went right under the main download, and found it. I guess I must have glossed over the small print(not once, but twice). Lucky it wasn't a snake.

That's a cute little thingie you put on your site. The thing that pops up when you don't enter with a k-mel browser, and says......." you should be using k-mel, why not d/l a copy today". I clicked o.k. just to see what would happen. I halfway expected either a download to start, or another window to open, and say..."You have just been infected by the k-meleon virus. All other browsers have been disabled.(Resistence is futile).LOL

thanks again.
rjf

Date: March 03, 2004 03:35PM

rjf:

Glad it worked. smiling smiley

--------

Regression build is up based on Moz. 1.6 release. Factory downloads work correctly on cancel again (I'm building 1.7a release right now to see if factory downloads work in 1.7 and it was just a nightly build thing, or if it is a new download interface or something like that in 1.7). Using the 8.2 release favorites.dll.

Ps. jsnj, let me know if you still get the middle-mouse scrolling crash with this build.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 03, 2004 04:21PM

glad it worked - did not know You had an xp machine, sorry, with my ME it does not seem to matter whether they are in system, system32 or km folder. k-m finds them emidiately were ever i hide themsmiling smiley)
greetings

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 03, 2004 06:42PM

Ps. jsnj, let me know if you still get the middle-mouse scrolling crash with this build.

Yes I do, but the problem seems not be with your exe but somewhere within your components folder. I haven't gone through each file in the components folder to determine what's the culprit, but when I placed your exe in my default KM directory which is made up of Mozilla Active X control backend plus the components folder of Mozilla 1.6, there's no autoscroll crash. And when I placed the components folder from Mozilla 1.6 into the directory where I installed your latest build, there was no crash. I couldn't try that with your 1.7a/b builds because I don't have the Mozilla nightlies from which they're based. But I'd guess your exe's in those builds are fine too.

Date: March 03, 2004 07:03PM

jsnj:

Interesting...it might be because I'm building without the accessibility components (not sure why, just thinking out loud). If you get a chance, I'd be interested to know if it works if you just copy the accessibility marshal dll from the Mozilla root dir and any accessibility dll / xpt's (I think there is one dll and one xpt) from components into a folder with my build and components. BTW, are you on win2k or 98 when you get the crash, or both?

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 04, 2004 04:10AM

Tested your build "as is" on the Win2k PC in my home and there's no autoscroll crash. It only happens on the Win98 PC which is what I use regularly. Copying the 3 files found in the Mozilla components folder: accessibility-msaa.xpt, accessibility.dll, and accessibility.xpt didn't work. I'm too lazy to go thru each file in the components folder to check what's needed since that requires copying each file separately & deleting the *.dat files each time . But since I know the relatively easy fix of using the Mozilla components directory instead, it's no sweat. :-)

BTW, did you ditch cookie manager from the chrome pack that used to be in your old 1.5b builds? It's not at the chrome address chrome://cookie/content/KM-cookies.xul. Worked well in the old builds.

Date: March 04, 2004 02:36PM

jsnj:

That's very odd. I used to build KM with Visual Studio 6, but now I'm using .NET (7), so I'm thinking mabye the difference is there since you don't get the crash on 2k. If you're interested to try it, you might try the updated msvc dlls in the support package (below the downloads). Mabye you have slightly different versions in 98 or something? (Just thinking out loud again).

About the cookie manager, I forgot about that one, but I'll go you one better:

menus.cfg:
----------
&Manage {
   &Manage Profiles = ID_MANAGE_PROFILES
   macros(cookie_manager)
   macros(image_manager)
   macros(popup_manager)
}

&Edit {
   # &Manage Profiles = ID_MANAGE_PROFILES
   :&Manage
}

macros.cfg:
----------
$cookies = "chrome://communicator/content/wallet/CookieViewer.xul";

cookie_manager {
   menu = "Manage cookies";
   opennew($cookies);
}

image_manager {
   menu = "Manage images";
   opennew($cookies . "?type=imageManager");
}

popup_manager {
   menu = "Manage popups";
   opennew($cookies . "?type=popupManager");
}

You'll need the updated comm.jar (or alternately I just put up the whole chrome package on my page, seperate from the full downloads, which has the updated comm.jar).

smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 04, 2004 04:49PM

I just finished building 1.7a release and it still gets the factory downloads crash on cancel :\

Evidentally they have updated the downloads interface somewhat in 1.7 and the new interface doesn't like the call to cancel factory downloads (the specific call is Observe(nsnull, "oncancel", nsnull)). I'm going to try to determine the difference between 1.6 and 1.7 to see if I can figure out how to cancel them correctly with 1.7. Until then I have removed the 1.7 package from my site.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 06, 2004 06:33AM

New builds up. Got factory download canceling working again with 1.7a release. And I still have idea why the old method stopped working, lol. Trial and error wins the day I guess. winking smiley

RFE filed indicating the changes necessary to get it working, for future reference.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: rjf
Date: March 06, 2004 07:47AM

MonkeeSage,

I've been having a little problem with your version.

1) The history is not working. It comes up blank whenever I call it up. The history screen/window comes up, but is blank. I have un-installed, and re-installed at least 10 times trying to fix it. I tried taking the history.dll from a saved profile of an official 8.2 version I had installed(now un-installed) and using it, and had the same results. Then I re-installed again, took an old history.html, and installed it. It reads the old url's, but will not write any new ones to it. So it is reading just fine, but for some reason it's not writing. I'm at a loss.(I'm running xp, and extracted your .zip to c/program files)

Any ideas?

Thanks
rjf

Date: March 06, 2004 08:24PM

rjf:

Try exiting Km and deleting the history.dat and history.txt in the profile directory and see if that fixes things, if not I'll try to figure out what went wrong.

Ps. Which of my builds are you using, 1.6 or 1.7a?

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 06, 2004 09:20PM

rjf:

After some testing it seems that the 1.7a build isn't creating / updating history.txt from history.dat, so just use the 1.6 build for now. I'm make another 1.7a build later today and see if I can get it working.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 08, 2004 09:40PM

jsnj:

Did you see my response about the cookie editor a couple of posts back?

------

rjf:

1.7 nightly is still not outputting history.txt consistantly...seems to put out a few entries in spurts, then stops for a bit....it got lazy on us, hehe. I'll put up a new 1.7x when it gets consistant again.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 08, 2004 10:02PM

Yeah, sorry, I forgot I never responded. It works well in my 1.6 build. In your last 1.7 build, the chrome didn't work for some reason. The popup manager & image manager didn't appear. Their corresponding macros kept bringing up the cookie editor, but a blank cookie editor(i.e. no cookies to edit). Both builds have the same macros & menus file.

BTW, they(chrome) all work well in the 1.6 build, except the image manager. By all appearances, it seems it should be working, I'm able to add sites to block but the images aren't blocked when I visit the sites. Test page was http://www.yahoo.com. But cookie manager, page info, popup manager, & mime types editor all work well in 1.6.

I'm about to try your new toolbars plugin with the added chevron button. :-)

Posted by: fast sjonny
Date: March 08, 2004 10:22PM

Hi Jordan,

I have gone back to the original 0.8.2. version. It seems to be a little more stable.
The only reproducable crash I have is when I close a layer after printing it, but further no problems.
I have tried the last 1.6 and 1.7 versions of your website but for some reason I couldn't use it as I mentioned earlier (with my own profile/ skin/ chrome directory).
Keep up the good work and may be in the future?!?! ;-))))

What I really would love to have is a version as clean as possible. I hope some-one will make this some day, without dll's, exe's etc.. we don't need.

The macro is working great ;-)))
Will you put a description on this website / macro's or do you want me to do that?
I am using it now in combination with VLC mediaplayer and Open-Office,

Greeeetzzzzzzzz,
Jan.

Date: March 08, 2004 10:52PM

jsnj:

Right on. Chrome seems to be more an art than a science lol. smiling smiley

I was just playing with these as well:

chrome://browser/content/history/history-panel.xul
chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul

// opening the links is borked in these next two, I might try to fix it to work with KM tomorrow
chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul
chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksManager.xul

// twitchy and / or borked
chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/pref-downloads.xul

And for something kind of silly, set these prefs:

user_pref("alerts.height", 50);
user_pref("alerts.slideIncrement", 1);
user_pref("alerts.slideIncrementTime", 10);
user_pref("alerts.totalOpenTime", 40000);

Then go to:

chrome://global/content/alerts/alert.xul

(And no, I didn't make this, I just found it, they actually made it at Mozilla lol)

Ps. I know we've got most of this stuff already in native UI, and I don't see anything that needs improvement in what we've got, but I'm a dabbler, I can't help it, I'm like the cat that got killed for curiosity, heh. Just a bit of a disclaimer. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 08, 2004 10:55PM

Ps. Let me know how things work with the chevrons in that thread. smiling smiley

Posted by: rmn
Date: March 10, 2004 01:39PM

A little flaw with your open_js_console macro:

opennew("javascript:");

should be

open("javascript:");

since javascript: opens its own window anyway.

Date: March 11, 2004 08:11AM

Thanks rmn, I'll change that. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 11, 2004 08:26AM

Thanks rmn, I'll change that. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 11, 2004 06:15PM

New builds is up. Both packages are updated and work with chevrons (on my computer at least). smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: fast sjonny
Date: March 11, 2004 06:50PM

What's the macros,dll-borked in kplugins (v1.6) ??
Jan.

Date: March 11, 2004 07:03PM

It's the latest build of the plugin from CVS but it is broken (borked = "broked" [misspelled], i.e., the word "broken", itself broken, hehe) -- for me at least (see bug 668), so I renamed it and included the old version [with my additions]. I put it in 'case anyone wants to try it.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 12, 2004 12:37AM

jsnj:

This looks like it might be related to your middle-mouse crash:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=234576

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: March 12, 2004 09:02AM

(Report: Chevron works with 1.7a now!)

Another small bug (in menus.cfg):

&Edit {
# &Manage Profiles = ID_MANAGE_PROFILES
}

produces:

# MManage Profiles

(note the displayed # sign). Fix this by putting the # as the first char in the line.

Date: March 12, 2004 09:06AM

(Er... the double M was my mistake.)

Date: March 12, 2004 07:00PM

This looks like it might be related to your middle-mouse crash:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=234576

Maybe. Strange that when I replace the components folder, using the Mozilla components folder instead, all is well. Same experience with the 1.7a components folder too.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 14, 2004 05:14AM

MonkeeSage,

Could you post a summary of your latest changes and additions to the dev list? Ulf sounds like he need some things to work on and I haven't had the time to follow-up on his kiosk features that he's been working on for me. These changes would give him something to play around with until I can give him some more kiosk stuff to work on.

Andrew

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 20, 2004 11:54PM

hi MonkeeSage-Jordan;
Actually I have a problem, what can I do: to get sun-java running with m.1.6 brew?
I like that version, it is subjectively faster than official brew.

news:
crashed the 1.6 brew here:

http://www.24fun.com/downloadcenter/benchjs/benchjs.html

second test /test-step?

someone using or with the same nick (aka name) as You, was there at the same time testing a firefox with a Pentium between speed between 1000 and 1200 on win xp. Naturally slower to a k-m.0.8.2 on an Athloon1000 on win MEwinking smiley
greetings

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.