Re: K-Meleon1.1 beta
Posted by: Butch
Date: March 16, 2007 04:59PM

Thanks a lot, Vladimir Palant!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: March 16, 2007 05:16PM

Also I want to thank Vladimir Palant for his adblockplus work. It works great and from now on K-Meleon 1.1beta will be my default k-meleon version.

Mala Okeh

Posted by: ra
Date: March 17, 2007 01:25AM

Thanks for your reply, Dorian.

Dorian

a) kmeleon.download.dir

Folder used when kmeleon.download.useDownloadDir is true.

Ah, okay. It's false here, but kmeleon.download.dir is set all the time to my desktop path..?

Standard behavior (FF does the same), we already talked about it.

Good memory once again. smiling smiley

Date: March 17, 2007 07:35AM

One more question:

Is it possible to use active X with this version, and if not, is a kmm macro for
active X planned for the future?

Thx,

Mala Okeh

Posted by: Dorian
Date: March 17, 2007 11:12AM

ra
Ah, okay. It's false here, but kmeleon.download.dir is set all the time to my desktop path..?

See the download preferences.

Mala Okeh
Is it possible to use active X with this version, and if not, is a kmm macro for
active X planned for the future?

Should work by just adding the mozilla activex dlls. Probably need a kmm to set it too.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 17, 2007 01:32PM

Quicksilver tears
How about Newsfox localization? Locale folder does not exist.

It is inside the "language" jar:
lanuage = en-US.jar in beta contains language files for default extensions also. These are Console2, Mtypes and Newsfox.

You would place the chrome inside a ru-RU.jar (or ru.jar You are free to name it). The resulting jar should have the same structure as the en-US version used as example.

You reference it inside language manifest:

locale newsfox de-AT jar:de-AT.jar!/locale/newsfox/ (German example)

locale newsfox ru-RU jar:ru-RU.jar!/locale/newsfox/ (Russian example)

@Wladimir Palant, I thank You for Your friendly post and Your extension.
We are more accustomed to negative answers that is perhaps why nobody asked.

p. s. As kko said not all are totally happy with current chrome layout - but the structure helps with some apsects localisation.

You could also choose the old chrome layouts and use installed-chrome.txt to create a manifest.

My personal favorite layout system would be a jar with no locale inside: e.g. newsfox.jar and an external locale jar like newsfox_de-AT.jar for all besides embed.jar(with the essentials). Maybe we can do that when we have a good installer. That would reduce download compared to multi language archives.

The author of MicrosRSS posted one more alternative to aggreg8 at our forum
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,70846

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2007 01:34PM by guenter.

Date: March 18, 2007 12:37AM

Dorian
ra

See the download preferences.

Yeah, I cleared the path there, restarted K-M and it was my desktop path. Then I closed K-M, set the path to "" in prefs.js, started K-M and it was again my desktop path. But K-M remembers 'valid' paths. So it's by design.

I'm still bugged by the save as directory not remembered problem sad smiley, so I wondered if that might have been related.

BTW: Have you had the time to have a look at the stalling problem? It happens nearly all the time I browse eBay. Looks like it has to be either cookie- or image-related.

Both bugs aren't there with 1.02.

Date: March 18, 2007 07:35PM

By the way, for those interested I managed to integrate ActiveX into this version - perhaps unorthodoxly, but it works. Below the steps:

in components : nsAxSecurityPolicy.js

in defaults\pref : activex.js

in plugins : npmozac.dll

in macros : activex.kmm (script as follows)

--------------------------------------

# MACROS DEFINITION FILE (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
$activeX = "kmeleon.netplug.npmozax.dll";
$macroPrefBranch="kmeleon.plugins.macros.";

Active_X{
$plug="npmozax.dll";
$reload = true;
&toggleplug;
}

---------------------------------------

Hope somebody likes it

Mala Okeh

Date: March 19, 2007 07:02AM

Would be nice to I anyone could figure out how to install noscript in this version. I'm looking forward to that.

Thx in advance,

Mala Okeh

Date: March 19, 2007 10:46AM

ra
I'm still bugged by the save as directory not remembered problem sad smiley, so I wondered if that might have been related.

Nothing has changed for that, I don't know why there would be a regression, especially in relation to the macros.

ra
BTW: Have you had the time to have a look at the stalling problem? It happens nearly all the time I browse eBay. Looks like it has to be either cookie- or image-related.

I suppose you have an heavy hard disk activity at the same time? I think it's just an old bug + crazy memory usage (specific to 1.8.1?). You should look at it, can be really scary (got > 400Mb once for me, and it was indeed laggy).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2007 10:47AM by Dorian.

Posted by: kko
Date: March 19, 2007 05:35PM

Quicksilver tears
Can you create import/export settings feature for advanced preferences?

For what purpose? Almost all settings are anyway stored in prefs.js.

Posted by: nanashi
Date: March 20, 2007 02:06AM

Hi,
How can I make stylish to work with the new chrome handling?
Thanks

Posted by: jk-
Date: March 20, 2007 06:08AM

For stylish 0.4, if you have already
Put .xpi/chrome/stylish.jar in your kmeleon/chrome directory
Put .xpi/components/stylishstartup.js in your kmeleon/components directory
Put .xpi/defaults/preferences/stylish.js in kmeleon/default/pref directory

then make a file in the chrome dir called stylish.manifest and put this in it:

content	stylish	jar:stylish.jar!/content/
overlay	chrome://browser/content/browser.xul	chrome://stylish/content/overlay.xul
overlay chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul	chrome://stylish/content/tb-overlay.xul

locale	stylish	de	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/de/
locale	stylish	en-GB	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/en-GB/
locale	stylish	en-US	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/en-US/
locale	stylish	es-ES	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/es-ES/
locale	stylish	fr	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/fr/
locale	stylish	it	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/it/
locale	stylish	nl	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/nl/
locale	stylish	ja	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/ja/
locale	stylish	pl	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/pl/
locale	stylish	ru	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/ru/
locale	stylish	sk	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/sk/
locale	stylish	uk-UA	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/uk-UA/
locale	stylish	zh-CN	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/zh-CN/
locale	stylish	zh-TW	jar:stylish.jar!/locale/zh-TW/

skin	stylish	classic/1.0	jar:stylish.jar!/skin/
style chrome://global/content/customizeToolbar.xul chrome://stylish/skin/overlay.css

And for the macro:
# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- Stylish Macro ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm (OpenURL_InNewWindow/$OpenURL, OpenURL)
# Resources	: -
# Preferences	: -
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ext_Stylish{
$OpenURL="chrome://stylish/content/stylish.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
}

Ext_Stylish_AddNew{
$OpenURL="chrome://stylish/content/stylish-edit.xul"; &OpenURL_InNewWindow;
}

# ----- PRIVATE

_Exts_BuildMenu{
$_Exts="&Extensions";
setmenu(PageDisplay,separator,$_Exts);
setmenu(PageDisplay,popup,$_Exts);
setmenu($_Exts,macro,"Stylish",Ext_Stylish);
setmenu($_Exts,macro,"Add new Style to Stylish",Ext_Stylish_AddNew);
rebuildmenu($_Exts);
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_Exts_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."Stylish;";

This version of K-Meleon seems much more stable than 1.1a2.

----------------------
- K-Meleon Macros and Extensions
- Greasify (Greasemonkey type macro for K-Meleon)
- Stylish for K-Meleon

Posted by: nanashi
Date: March 20, 2007 06:49AM

Thank you for a quick answer,jk.
I was writing a wrong manifest.
It came to work well.

Posted by: jk-
Date: March 20, 2007 08:07AM

n/p nanashi, a couple of things to note.. I needed to use a stylish manager mod from userstyles.org in order to see things in the manager window (or maybe it was the check boxes that I couldn't see). And after adding a new style you need to exit the manager and re-open it in order for the style to be visible in the manager.

----------------------
- K-Meleon Macros and Extensions
- Greasify (Greasemonkey type macro for K-Meleon)
- Stylish for K-Meleon

Posted by: George
Date: March 20, 2007 07:17PM

K-Meleon 1.1a2 and 1.1a3c(1.1beta) is a pain when you try update it. The using combined chrome files is wrong becuase it over complicates the process of updating chrome files.

With separate chrome files you just xcopy them and delete the unused chrome files that were not used in embed.jar from the separate chrome files.

With the combined chrome file embed.jar, you have decompress every separate chrome file and add each one used in embed.jar separately.

Having separate makes more sense to me and takes less time to update and delete the files which can be done easily with Info-ZIP ZIP.EXE the command line version.

Because the separate chrome files already have the needed chrome files and you just have to delete the unused chrome files from them.

Using combined chrome files in K-Meleon 1.1a3c creates problems with advanced preferences becuase embed.jar contains parts of kmprefs.jar which causes problems when you try update the chrome files.

Becuase the new kmprefs works differently and the macros are uncompatible when update the chrome files.

The advanced preferences won't work correctly unless you use the kmprefs.jar and the macros from K-Meleon 1.1a2 in K-Meleon 1.1a3c (1.1beta).

If manifest files and combined chrome files are such a good idea seamonkey would be using them right now.

Maybe they are not because manifest files and combined chrome files in solving some problems, they create many others such as updating chrome files, updating components folder, and updating macros like they do in K-Meleon 1.1a3c (1.1beta).

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: March 20, 2007 08:23PM

Manifest system is a great improvement, we're now able to mix jars from different locales without crash. It was not possible with installed-chrome.txt and chrome.rdf system. And we're also able to use different localizations (between different profiles) or to change it on the same install.

You can perhaps don't see what is really the advantage, but all the non en-US users will can tell you it's really a progress.

For having congragate some jar in the same one, isn't really a problem. It's perhaps not easy to make it automaticly with a bat or cmd file, but upgrades aren't needed too often. And if you know what is in the jar, it's really not too difficult to retrieve it in the new chrome.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: March 20, 2007 10:24PM

Dorian
ra

Nothing has changed for that, I don't know why there would be a regression, especially in relation to the macros.

Mmh, I'd try the old macros on the latest version. Alas, I can't find the time. :-(

ra

I suppose you have an heavy hard disk activity at the same time? I think it's just an old bug + crazy memory usage (specific to 1.8.1?). You should look at it, can be really scary (got > 400Mb once for me, and it was indeed laggy).

No, in this case, K-M's just waiting for itself. There's neither abnormal memory nor processor usage. If the images in one window take long to load, K-M won't continue to load any pages in other windows 'til the images are done. That's basically what it boils down to. Would it help if I'd do a screen movie next time?

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 21, 2007 05:44PM

I can only support JujuLand; The new chrome system has more advantages than disadvantages. At this time it is needed for easier localization.

The idea for embed chrome comes from embed project. K-Meleon is an embed application - so all K-Meleon untill 0.82 used embed.jar. Updating is easy enough: unzipp ALL the individual jars into a folder so that You have content, locale, skin folder visible. When update is finished select all folders and zip as embed.jar. That is why Dorian chose to use embed again.

We cannot update chrome by just overwriting all files with new ones; we have to edit or patch the ones that are specific to k-meleon. These include console.xul and others from SeaMonkey chrome and not just files from kmprefs.

All Xulrunner based applications except SeaMonkey will use *.manifest. At the moment Ffox, Tbird, Songbird to mention some.

A joined locale en-US.jar is also used with SeaMOnkey 1.5 nightlies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 07:29PM by guenter.

Posted by: avada
Date: April 02, 2007 01:51PM

How do I set K-Meleon1.1 to open background layers when clicking on links with middle mouse button and ctrl+ left mouse button?

Date: April 02, 2007 02:13PM

Ctrl LButton = Open in a new layer or new window
Ctrl RButton = Open in a new layer or new window in background.

MButton = Open in a new layer or new window

this with 1.02 and 1.1

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Date: April 02, 2007 02:24PM

But in 1.02 I could configure K-meleon to open links in background with MButton and Ctrl+ LButton. I had to edit accel.cfg for that like this:
# Middle-click links to new windows/layers:
%ifplugin layers
MButton = layers(OpenLinkBg)
%else
MButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
%endif

# Ctrl-left-click and Shift-left-click links to new windows/layers:
%ifplugin layers
CTRL LButton = layers(OpenLinkBg)
SHIFT LButton = layers(OpenLink)
%else
CTRL LButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
SHIFT LButton = ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_WINDOW
%endif

But there isn't an accel.cfg in 1.1.

Date: April 02, 2007 04:31PM

Yes, there is accel.cfg, but it isn't handle the same way than with 1.02

Accel.cfg is now in defaults\profile folder, to add or modify you have than two ways.

Modify it, as the old method, or use kmm macro to make it. Look at kmm files in macro on how to handle accels. Take for example the one which treats of IE use from K-Meleon, it's the easier file to understand (ie.kmm). (Edit > Options > Macros)

Prefer the kmm solution. You can for example put your kmm file in the kmeleon macro folder to modify all the users (equivalent to the old solution) or put it in user macro folder to allow having different configs with different profiles.

A+

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2007 04:35PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: kko
Date: April 02, 2007 05:02PM

avada
How do I set K-Meleon1.1 to open background layers when clicking on links with middle mouse button and ctrl+ left mouse button?

Simply go to Tools > Mouse Acceleratos and choose Firefox or SeaMonkey. That's all.

Date: April 02, 2007 09:51PM

kko
Simply go to Tools > Mouse Acceleratos and choose Firefox or SeaMonkey. That's all.
smiling smiley
I would have never thought about that.

Sorry,because of writting in this page..
Posted by: celticguru
Date: April 11, 2007 06:19PM

suggest adding other mouse gestures...
for example, while pressing right clicking, roll a mouse-wheel like a maxthon,
all-in-one-gesture in firefox, sleipnir and so on....
thank you for this browser. good luck...

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 16, 2007 07:59PM

Remember fix this bug for final version:
Clear URL bar History not work in beta (1.1 alpha 3) yet.
Clear All not clear URL bar History.
Error since 1.02 version.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2007 08:00PM by desga2.

Date: April 18, 2007 05:24PM

The bug is fixed as much as it can currently be. But it's not visible right away.

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 18, 2007 06:26PM

Hi Dorian, can you read my posible solution in this post?
Clear URL bar History

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 20, 2007 12:46PM

I have just noticed a problem using Mapquest with beta 1. I don't see the map. The address maps correctly in 1.02 but does not appear using beta 1. All the rest of the page displays OK. Both my 1.02 and beta 1 are on the same computer and have the same plugins. The address I was mapping is 8021 E. 33rd Street South, Tulsa, OK.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.