Graphics :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers. 
Default page display sizing
Posted by: artificer
Date: January 07, 2017 04:40PM

I'm just trying out K-Meleon and find that when I load my home page, it's in much larger format than I want - I have to press CTRL and minus to get it [and other pages] to a reasonable size. I've tried editing font size in Preferences but that has no effect, and I can't find any control for reducing display size - can you help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Default page display sizing
Posted by: siria
Date: January 07, 2017 05:42PM

Perhaps this setting helps?
F2 > Page Display > Default Zoom

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Posted by: foliator
Date: January 07, 2017 05:57PM

Some browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome, will remember the zoom settings you use for each site if you've zoomed them up or down on the first visit, even after you've cleared your cache and history. In Firefox it can be cleared if "site preferences" is checked in the dialog, but not in Chrome, which retains them. You can clear the zoom settings there, too, but you have to dig down into the page content options to find the dialog. K-Meleon doesn't seem to have that site preferences feature, but maybe that's a good thing, as it could possibly be a privacy issue.

---
Gerry

Posted by: artificer
Date: January 07, 2017 11:26PM

Thanks for these replies, and many thanks to you, Siria, that does the trick nicely!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.